nine

ADRINA

It was truly a miracle that the three of us even made it into Harry's car on time. This whole morning Anabelle had been so fussy and refused to get out of bed, and once he finally got her up she barely obeyed when getting dressed. She tried to guilt trip Harry and blame him for the reason she was so uncooperative, because he never fulfilled his promise of coming home early.

When she dropped the "I hate you" bomb Harry snapped, and basically the whole morning was filled with her constant tears and Harry's consistent demands so we could all make it to where we had to be.

Harry looked weathered, and I truly felt bad for him because I knew he was trying his best, so when Belle started acting up again in the car I was the one who told her to behave. I didn't want him feeling guilty for doing his job, which he shouldn't, but that's exactly how he felt.

They were both hurting, so it was best for me to stay quiet.

V🌚: Did you see what Julie posted?
I glare at the text that popped on my phone, distracting me from my previous thoughts.

Me: No. Don't really care, why?

V🌚: LOOK at this, she's back with her ex faster than Usain Bolt can run a lap

Me: Lol I really, strongly dislike her
I reply, finding the whole situation amusing. Julie had been an opponent of Valerie and I's for a while now, so I was used to these kinds of texts.

V🌚: just say hate!

I shake my head while laughing to myself as I shut off my phone, and I turn to Harry who's looking at me with a certain facial expression. He proceeds to nod his head and signal that we reached my own personal jail called high school.

I sigh, reaching down to grab my backpack. "Thank you so much for the ride once again."

"I'm coming in as well to have a.. talk with the principal." He says, the last few words of his sentence giving me the idea that it was the last thing he'd want to do.

Wonder what that was all about.

The three of us make our way into the school together, and the sight of the small unicorn backpack hanging off Harry's broad shoulder makes me want to giggle. I refrain and I look down at the ground as I walk next to the handsome man.

As we turn the corner nearing my locker, I tell Harry he didn't have to walk me there and that he could go wherever he needed to be.

He answers with a simple nod, clearly not caring as he followed me there anyways. I tried, right?

I start unloading my locker full of textbooks to carry in my bag, and Harry's eye bulge. "Do you really carry that around all day long?"

"Yup, my spine will probably be in two pieces by the time I'm out of here." I answer and cringe at the thought.

"That's absolutely ridiculous. Give it to me, I'll walk you to your first class." He shakes his head in disgust at the amount of weight I have to carry, extending his hand.

"No don't worry about me. You have to get Annabelle on time as well and we've only got 5 minutes left." I try to reason with him - key word, try - and he eyes me as if saying "don't test me" so I ultimately gave in.

Those stone cold and intimidating eyes did not make me think twice.

-

All throughout my math class, Julie had been going at it with Valerie. Nine out of ten times she'd find a way to involve me, but today I was a little too busy daydreaming. Val shouldn't have started anything anyways, because the three of us ended up on our way to the principals office once they started throwing paper balls at each other.