six

this gif... hoO my god

ADRINA

The late November weather on a Friday after school left me freezing and bored. My feet took me up the street on the way home, but I paused upon hearing the familiar horn.

"Adri!" Niall yells to grab my attention as he rolls down his window. "Watcha doing out here alone, its freezing!"

I shrug and he rolls his eyes, "Wanna come over?" Niall asks hopefully and I nod.

"My mom is gonna have some friends over and wants me there later tonight, but for now I'm good. You'd have to drop me home around 7 though, is that alright?"

"Of course. C'mon then, hop your ass in the car!"

I roll my eyes back at him and momentarily question why I'm friends with this dork but nonetheless "hop my ass" into the black jeep.

He turns to me and smiles like an asshole while I mock him with a fake laugh.

"Ya love me, Drina" Niall chuckles and I snort, "Mhm"

"Onto other news," he starts and pulls out of the school parking lot, "You remember my step brother, right?"

"Liam?" I question and he nods. "Not too much. You rarely talk about him, except from your description that he's a nice "bloke"."

He laughs at my quoted words as if he didn't even remember saying that himself. "Yeah, he is."

He stays quiet and I look at him with my brows furrowed. "So? That's what you wanted to say?"

"Oh, right! Zoned out there for a lil bit. Anyways, he's actually at my house right now."

"Really? He must live pretty far away if this is the first time I'm seeing him."

"Actually, he lives about a town or two over." Niall looks at me like a fool and I purse my lips.

"I don't know, I mean we've been friends for what 8 years and I've never once seen the guy in my life so how would I know his whereabouts?" I say in defense and he grins, mumbling "whereabouts" under his breathe with a small laugh.

I shake my head with a small giggle, "You're a child."

-

I roll on the balls of my feet as Niall unlocks the front door and the cold air from outside rushes up my spine so I yell at him to hurry up.

Once we're finally inside I make my way to the kitchen, already being here thousands of times before.

"Dri, so nice to see you sweetie!" Niall's step-mom walks around the counter to engulf me in a hug and I greet her as well, spotting who I assume to be Liam sitting at the island with his back turned towards us. "This is my son, Liam."

He turns around and I almost drool at the sight of hi beaming smile. "Nice to meet you," He shakes my hand as he stands up, pulling me a bit closer, "Adrina?"

I nod with a small grin and after chatting for a bit with Maura and Liam of his whereabouts and basic information, Niall takes Liam and I up to his room.

I get a text from Val who tells me she'll be over shortly as well and as we wait for her I attempt to beat the boys on Xbox but brutally fail.

"Need help there?" Liam laughs and I nod hopelessly, not even holding the controller the right way.

"You have no clue what you're doing at all, do you." His eyes widen in amusement and I hum, "Nope."

"Liam, I've been trying to teach this girl for years and years but have made absolutely no progress whatsoever. If you manage to get her to even hold the controller it'll be a miracle." Niall chimes in, his eyes still trained on the TV.