three

LOOK AT THIS LITTLE ANGEL HARRY BABY

ADRINA

"Okay okay last one. Did you hear about the guy whose left side was cut off?"

"No, I didn't Niall," I raise my eyebrows at him in amusement, picking at my lousy school lunch with a plastic fork.

"Well, he's all right now." He snorts and I shake my head at the idiot sitting in front of me.

"This is why you don't have friends." I laugh and stick my tongue at him as he huffs and crosses his arms, "Explain why you're here then."

"Touché bitch."

"Jesus Christ this cafeteria smells like asshole." Valerie groans, sliding next to me and placing her tray on the table.

"Could you be any louder?" I laugh and she shrugs, "it does!"

"Alright alright, enough with the shit talk ladies. Vee, care to here a joke?" Niall props his elbows on the table, chin sitting in the palm of his hands.

"Not really," she smiles and Niall gives her the finger before continuing on with some lame pun of his.

"I'd tell you a chemistry joke but I know I wouldn't get a reaction..."

Val slaps the side of his head, "you're a moron."

"You act like brother and sister." I point out and they glare nastily at each other but nonetheless agree. Valerie and I have been best friends since the womb, and Niall joined the picture when he moved here from Ireland in 3rd grade. It all started when he sat next to me in science and farted, then proceeded to tell me that I "blew him away." Yeah, still the same person.

"You're still coming over tonight Adri, yeh? Can't pass on taco Monday," Niall turns to me and I pout at the thought of missing another traditional night with my best friends.

"I've got to babysit again!" I groan and face-plant into Valerie's arm. "And this time it's until 11 pm."

"That fucking reeks. More than Niall on gym day. I mean Neil."

"Stop bullying me you imbecile!" Niall whines and throws an orange towards Valerie, which she dodges and it ends up hitting some dudes back. "Uh, sorry!"

"Next on another episode of why we're loners." I exclaim before tossing my paper bag into the trash. "But yeah, my social life is dwindling by the minute."

"Why 11 at night?" Valerie asks with a mouth full of pasta and I shrug, "I dunno. Watching a 4 year old for 7 hours is gonna be hell. I'm already tired enough as it is after school."

"Maybe we could come with you?" Niall suggests, although the look on his face tells me he'd rather walk across hot coal.

"Okay I know we're close and all that but do you really think I'd make you suffer to that extent?" I snort. Cute, Adri. I think to myself.

Neither of the two answer, but instead share glances with each other and I open my mouth to protest. "Really?!"

"Uhm... No... Course not," Niall trails off and Valerie laughs out loud, I even see tears start to form. Dear Lord, I'm dealing with frick and frack over here.

"I hate you all."

"Mmm, whatever." Valerie nudges my side and my nose crinkles as I over-exaggerate how painful it was. "Look at Niall," she whispers into my ear after a minute or two of silence, and my line of visions follows where Niall eyes land. I smirk.

"Checking out the new bad boy, eh?" I wiggle my eyebrows at him and his neck snaps quickly in my direction, cheeks flush into a deep crimson. He tried to shake his head but we all knew.