two

that award winning harry styles smirk....

ADRINA

My first day as a "nanny" was long dreaded, and I spent most of the day moaning and groaning about it to Valerie and Niall. I even tried to stay home from school, failing numerous times in attempt of acting sick because my mother would not buy a thing. I'd probably pulled that card on her too many times for her to actually believe my shit.

I was not too fond of children a good percent of the time, and I was crossing my fingers that Anabelle would make it in that 10 percent of kids I could grow used to and eventually like.

In term, I had to just deal with it. Get over myself. I'd be making money, and that would be an upside. My mother always reamed me on the subject on money since I was a girl, telling me I couldn't just rely on her. Which in my opinion was kind of fucked up, since I am still a minor living under her roof. I took it lightly then, but I'm afraid she'll just drop me when I get to be legal- and the time is coming.

I shook the ugly thought out of my head and glanced at Anabelle through my rearview mirror, who was happily seated in her princess booster seat. It was easy to get home from school, as I could just find her classroom a building over where we'd make our way to my mom's car and hit the road.

I pulled into the address that Mr.Style's texted me, doing a double take on the house I was given the directions too. My mouth stayed agape and my eyes widened at the property before me... Why the hell would this house only be for three people?

"Hey, Anabelle, is this your home?" I question, turning to face her.

She nods at my skeptical interrogation, and I purse my lips before slipping out of the car, getting to the backseat and unbuckling her. She grins and adds a small "thank you," before hopping out, leading me up the large pathway.

After the 25th step we reach the top, and I try to catch my breathe at the highly unneeded, and long stairwell. I'm so out of shape..

I pulled the key out of my bag, unlocking the door and letting Anabelle inside first. After locking the door and sliding off my sneakers, I turned to actually get into the house. My mouth opened once again at the amount of marble and stone that made up the large home, all the furniture and decor made me not even want to touch anything.

"Daddy!" Her voice shouts, pulling me out of my trance of awe, my vision trailing from the walls to the little girl running up to her father. My eyebrows knit together in confusion, and before I get the chance to ask why he's here, Anabelle beats me to it.

"I took the rest of the day off at work. Wanted to come check up on my little princess and see how things go between you two before anything becomes final." He explains, smiling down at his daughter before placing a kiss on her forehead.

I feel odd, more than awkward as I stand there alone, pulling up my knee socks as I wait for someone to speak up.

"Go play now, Belle," He ushers into her ear, lightly tapping her shoulder as she made her way off towards me.

I bit the inside of my cheek after glancing at Mr. Style's who had already captured my attention. His presence just created thick tension. It could just be me, or the fact that I felt rather uncomfortable knowing he'd be observing. It was like I was being put to some test- and I didn't like that.

He watches me squirm under his harsh stare through the lens of the glasses perched upon the tip of his nose, nodding at me abruptly with a subtle side-smirk. I cock my head to the side at this and as I open my mouth to speak, his back turns and he strolls out of the room, casually.