Chapter One

Part 1~Where It All Began

I was home alone. My dad was at work and my mom had just left for the grocery store. They'd told me that the cable guy was coming over to fix our wifi and give us faster Internet, so if someone rang the doorbell, I should know it was him.

I was sitting on the couch reading a book, when the bell rang. I got up to answer it, and sure enough, it was the cable guy. His name tag read Dean. Right when he saw me, his eyes traveled down and lingered on my breasts. Ugh. Pervert.

"Come on in," I sighed.

He followed me inside, probably staring at my butt the whole time, and I stopped him when we got to the living room. "You can...do whatever it is you're here for," I told him.

He nodded and went to work. I watched him for a few minutes, curious to see what he was actually doing, before he finally looked over at me. I pretended to be reading my book.

Dean looked away then, and I asked him if he'd like a glass of water. I knew he was a disgusting perv, but it was the polite thing to do. He said that would be lovely, so I put my book down and went to the kitchen.

When I returned, I handed him the glass. "Are you over 18?" he asked.

"No." I was 15 at the time.

"Oh. Are your parents home?"

"No. My mom's at the store and my dad's working. Do you need something?"

"Uh, no, it can wait."

"Okay." I sat back down on the couch and kind of ignored him for awhile.

"Are there any other TV's in the house?"

"Yeah, there's one in my room," I said.

"Okay, I need to see it. I have to hook up both to the new system."

"Alright." I led him to my bedroom, which was right down the hall. I hoped there weren't any bras lying on the floor.

When we got there, he closed the door, which kinda freaked me out. But I didn't say anything. I saw a pair of underwear on the floor and kicked them under the dresser.

Dean looked at my TV closely, inspecting it. He glanced at the door and then at me. "Could you come here for a sec?"

"Me? Uh, sure," I said nervously.

When I reached him, he pulled me closer. His hand moved to my butt and I was mentally screaming at him to stop. "Um, what the hell?" I said, raising my eyebrows.

In one quick motion, he had me pinned down against the bed and was unzipping my jeans. "No! What are you doing? Oh my god!" I yelled, struggling to get out of his firm grip. But he kept holding me back and then he was taking his own pants off. I started crying. This couldn't be happening.

- - -

"Mackenzie?" It's my fiancé, Nathan, speaking.

"Hm?" I look at him, trying to clear my mind of the awful memory.

"Did you hear me? I asked what kind of cable you'd like to get? Or do you just wanna do Netflix?" Nathan repeats.

"Oh. Um, whatever you want is fine."

We've already purchased our apartment. The wedding is in three weeks; then we'll be moving in to our own little place. I can't wait to marry him. Soon we'll be raising our own family and sharing our lives. Which brings me back once again...

- - -

"My parents are going to kill you! You're gonna go to prison!" I screamed.

Dean slapped me in the face. "Shut up!" he grunted. Then he threatened to strangle me if I kept yelling.

It was happening before I even had time to protest. I cried out in pain. "Please! Stop!"

But he punched me and kept going. Everything hurt. Tears streamed down my face. I wasn't ready for this. I was only fifteen-practically a child! And yet here he was, raping me.

Finally, it was over and he pulled his pants back up. "Don't tell your parents," he instructed me.

"You b****!" I screamed. "Get out of my house! I'm going to tell my parents and you're going to go to jail!"

He punched me hard in the nose and I felt warm liquid trickle out. Blood. He'd made me bleed. "I said shut up!" he growled.

Somehow, he managed to lock me inside my own room. I just kept sobbing and yelling curse words at the top of my lungs.

About ten minutes later, he finished his work and left.

When my mom got home with the groceries, I screamed for help. "Mom! Mom, come quick!"

"Mackenzie?" My mother came to my bedroom door and opened it. She ran to me, asking "what's wrong" and "what happened."

She looked so panicked and worried that I decided it wasn't worth it to tell her. I couldn't let her go through this, all the pressing-charges and the ruined life.

I sniffled, trying to come up with something to tell her instead. "Um, the neighbor's dog died."

"Honey, they didn't have a dog."

"Yes, they did, you just never saw it because it was an inside dog. But I saw it once when I went over there, and now it's dead," I lied.

"Oh, honey." My mom patted my back, trying to soothe me. "It's okay."

But it wasn't okay. It was never okay.

- - -
A/N: So what did you think of the first chapter? Can you imagine going through something like that? What do you think you would've done? Would you have told your parents?

The picture is of Mackenzie and her ex-boyfriend Brandon (he'll be introduced in the next chapter) when they were younger. Peyton Meyer from Girl Meets World and Dog with a Blog is playing Brandon, and Chloë Grace Moretz is playing Mackenzie.

I hope you guys like the book so far! Love ya😘