Afterword

So that's my story.

I never imagined that any of that would happen to me. I thought I would save myself for marriage, and end up marrying Brandon. I thought no one could ever love me after all that had happened, but I was wrong: God did. I thought that there was no escape from my depression. For heaven's sakes, I even thought I'd hate coffee all my life!

But it turned out, God had a plan for me. He knew that Brandon wasn't my true love, so He took him out of my life. He put me through all of that so that I could find Him. And because I trusted Him and submitted my life to Him, He blessed me with the best husband ever.

Nathan continues to lead me on God's path, and walk alongside me on this journey. We read our Bibles together every night before we go to bed; we go to church every Sunday and once every three months, we serve a rotation in the preschool class there. His love for God amazes me more and more every day. I couldn't ask for a better husband. And I know that if I had never gone through everything that I did, I never would've met him.

I hope that with my story, you're able to see that God has a plan for you, too. Even when you're in the depths of despair and you don't see a way out, God will always come through for you. He will get you out of any and every mess, and hopefully, you'll be able to see that it is His work that gives you victory in your trials.

'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'
Jeremiah 29:11💗