Chapter 2

Riley's POV:

"Do my eyes deceive me, or are you actually reading Lost Maps?"

Slowly averting my eyes away from the page I was currently reading, I watched as Cassie walked over.

Matching my outfit, Cassie was wearing ripped jeans along with a black tank top. I, on the other hand, was also wearing a blonde wig.

"They're deceiving you," I said with a playful smile.

Smiling back at me, she put her hands on hips before responding.

"Whether they are or not, you're on; Dan wants you on set."

"Ok, thanks," I said as I got up from my chair.

I told Cassie to watch over my book while I was doing the stunt. Cassie just grabbed the book and started walking with me.

"Gonna watch?" I asked as I looked at her out of the corner of my eye.

"Pretty much, I wanna see how dangerous fake fighting really is." She said as she shrugged her shoulders.

"It isn't dangerous, but you have to calculate every move you do and make sure you are doing what you're supposed to do at the right time. If you don't, you can get hurt, and I'm pretty sure you don't want a bruise on your face."

"Noted." She said as she just watched me.

I bite my bottom lip as I tried to prevent myself from speaking any further.

Sometimes it's hard to get recognition for the stunts you do since people don't realize someone else is doing it for them.

I wanted to see her try jumping off a cliff at least 15 times.

Walking in complete silence, I started stretching out my arms.

"Riley, let's get a move on. I want to get this shot while the sun is still hiding behind the clouds. It'll give it a better feel to the shot." Dan said as I approached him.

Cassie told me to be careful before going to stand next to Derek Copper, who was already on the sidelines, watching his stunt double.

Derek Copper was supposed to be the love interested for Cassie's character.

His stunt double was Ryan Hall, and just like Derek, he was built. However, he did have to wear a wig since Derek had shaggy black hair, and Ryan's hair was brown and short.

Ryan turned his head if as knowing I was approaching him and smile at me, showing off his white teeth.

"How are you?" He asked.

"I'm pretty good, you?"

"Thrilled to be here, that's for sure, so I guess I'm pretty good too," Ryan said.

I couldn't help but smile when he said that. Ryan and I had one thing in common; we both lived for the feeling we got from doing stunts.

Ryan was an adrenaline junkie just like me.

I watched as Ryan got into his position, causing me to go to my spot since I didn't want to waste Dan's time.

However, as soon as I stood on my position, I immediately noticed how dense the dirt was and how there were several spots where the ground wasn't level.

I didn't have time though to process anything before Dan yelled out "action".

The scene we were acting out was a fight between Ryan and me versus a couple of guys who didn't like us poking around in their boss's property.