Chapter 12

Riley's POV:

"I'm serious!"

"Someone that blushes that hard is always lying."

"Ugh! You believe me right, Hailey?"

Lazily looking at my friends, I watched as Derek, Cassie, and Hailey talk among themselves about something that Cassie had said.

We were currently back at the hotel's penthouse that Cassie was staying at and resting after the long day we had of filming. She ended up inviting us over, and since it was still somewhat early, there was no reason to decline.

I, however, wanted too, but since I knew Hailey was a fan of Cassie, I decided to come to ensure Hailey would go as well.

Apart from me, Charlie also seemed to want to go back to our hotel room, but of course, he had no say in anything, so here we were, both of us lying down on the couch in Cassie's penthouse after we all took our showers. Ryan was somewhere in the kitchen, eating his little heart out since he was a big boy who needed his intake of food. That was probably the only reason why he agreed to come over too; the star of the film always gets the best suit and food, so why no take advantage of it.

"Riley, I'm bored," Charlie mumbled as he got up on his knees before slamming himself onto my chest.

"Charlie, you do know that you weight a couple of pounds, right?" I asked as I picked him up gently and readjusted him on me.

"Riley, I'm still bored."

Looking at Charlie, I sighed before running my fingers through his hair and responding.

"How are you not tired. We had a long day, and you still want to do stuff?"

"I slept on the way here," Charlie mumbled before pushing himself deeper in me.

"Well, I don't know what you want me to do about it. I'm perfectly fine laying here," I responded as I stopped playing with his hair to look up at the ceiling.

Not even a few seconds of peace passed before I saw Charlie's face hovering over mine as he placed his hands on my cheeks.

I waited for him to say something, but all that came out of his mouth was gibberish causing me to roll my eyes at him.

"Charlie, you're not speaking English," I mumbled as I shook my head slightly so he would let my face go.

To no avail.

"Hailey, I think your child is broken," I commented out loud as Charlie continued to speak nonsense.

In less than 5 seconds, Charlie was taken off my chest and into the hands of someone else.

"Charlie, what's wrong?" Hailey asked as she looked at him.

Once again, you could see the love she had for him the second she locked eyes with his.

"I'm bored!" Charlie exclaimed as he tried to free himself from his mother.

Sighing, Hailey put Charlie down before turning to look at the others.

"Guess that's my cue," Hailey said.

Frowning, I could tell that Hailey didn't want to leave quite yet and decided to take Charlie off her hands for a while.

I mean, all the girl wanted was to enjoy her night for a change, and I would grant it to her since she decided to accompany me to Puerto Rico.

Standing up slowly from the couch, I walked over to Hailey.

"Stay, I'll watch over Charlie," I whispered into Hailey's ear before turning my attention to Charlie.

"I'll take him to the arcade downstairs for a while," I said as I continued to look at Charlie.