Chapter 8

Riley's POV:

After showing Hailey and Charlie around my apartment for a bit, I led them into a room so that they could take a shower and change their clothes. While Hailey was giving Charlie a bath, I went to my room to fetch her something to wear.

Since my apartment got pretty cold at night with the A.C. turned on, I decided to give her one of my gray sweatpants, a brand new Victoria's Secret matching set I forgot I bought, a v neck t-shirt, and a sweater.

Entering the guest room that Charlie and Hailey were at, I knocked softly on the door.

"Come in," I heard Hailey call out.

Stepping inside the room, I walked over to the bathroom door and leaned against the doorframe as I watched Hailey bath Charlie. Turning around, she smiled at me before opening her mouth to speak.

"Does every bathroom have to have it's own shower and bath?" She asked with a chuckled before turning her attention back to Charlie.

She was currently sitting on the edge of the bathroom tub while Charlie sat inside playing with the water.

"I didn't exactly design the complex," I said as I smiled and walked inside the bathroom. Walking over to the sink top, I placed the clothes I got for Hailey before turning to look at them.

I didn't exactly feel comfortable getting close to them since Charlie was naked, so I stayed my distance.

"I'm going to take a shower, and then I'm going to cook dinner. Are you guy's allergic to anything?" I asked as I scratched the back of my neck.

"I'm allergic to shellfish, but Charlie can eat anything," Hailey said as she started rinsing the shampoo out of Charlie's hair. I was glad that I made sure to keep the guest rooms stocked with products even though I didn't necessarily need to since no one stayed over.

"The towers are in the sink cabinets," I commented.

"Okay, thank you," Hailey said as she turned to smile at me.

Nodding my head, I was about to turn around to go to my room, but then I remember that Charlie was close to being finished with his bath.

"When you're done with Charlie, you can leave him in the main living room so he can watch T.V. and you can shower in peace."

"You sure?" Hailey asked.

"Yea. Charlie, you want to watch cartoons when you're done taking a shower?" I asked as I looked at him.

"Yea!" He exclaimed as he continued to splash the water around.

Nodding my head, I told Hailey that I'd leave the T.V. on for him while I took a shower. Hailey just smiled and shook her head as she finished cleaning Charlie's hair.

Since I didn't want just to stand around and look at them, I turned around and decided to go to the main living room to turn the T.V. on for Charlie. When I got to my living, I ended up spending a minute or two trying to find a channel that Charlie could watch since I didn't exactly know which channel showed cartoons for kids. After a while of searching, I was relief to see the Disney Channel since I knew that had to be age-appropriate for Charlie and decided to leave it there.

When that was done, I walked back to where the rooms were and headed for mine so I could take a shower. I knew I still had some dirt in my hair from the scene I just shot, so I wasted, so I knew it would take a few minutes to clean it out. Since my shoulder was still hurting a bit though, I minimized the time I spent in the shower after cleaning my hair.

My bathroom was pretty big, allowing you enough space to walk around and do your business. The thing that I loved the most about my bathroom was that instead of having concrete walls, the majority of it was one giant window that allowed you to see outside. The good thing about it, however, was you couldn't see inside, so I didn't have to worry about people seeing me. The guest room that Hailey and Charlie were at had a bathroom with simpler windows, but of course, it was smaller and did have concrete walls, so it didn't get as much sunlight as mine did.