Chapter 14

It always starts small, gradually growing and increasing with every second that passes. I could always sense it become it came, the numbness that shifts slowly to a pain-stacking feeling. Sometimes it came in the form of chest pain, other times it came in sweats, and if it increased too rapidly, it came in the form of every muscle in my body tensing up, leaving me completely paralyzed.

That was when I got scared the most, knowing I was playing a game that could end in only two ways. In a strange turn of events though, I always found myself chasing that feeling as if it would help rekindled some sort of small emblem that was burning within me. It kept me feeling alive and warm.

Interlocking my fingers behind Marco's neck, I crossed my ankles around his waist. Taking the lead, Marco gripped me by my thighs and slammed me against a nearby wall, my grip never easing up. Groaning a little bit from the impact, I pretended to headbutt Macro. This caused Marco to move backward, tripping over a pile of fake cement blocks. Before Marco hit the floor I released my hold from him and quickly flipped over Marco's body so I could take my stance. Waiting for Marco to do his next set of moves, I stayed somewhat low. After a few seconds however and without much movement on Marco's part, Dan called out cut.

"Marco, you okay?" Dan called out.

Slowly nodding his head, Marco stayed in the same position waiting for Dan.

"Take it from the fall then, action!"

Looking at Marco, I watched as he placed his hand above his head on the floor and kicked himself up. Just like me, once he was on his feet, he stayed low before turning around to face me. Lowering my head again, I circled Marco waiting until he took his next step. Once we reverse our position with one another and met our marks, Marco threw a fake right jab before pretending to hit me with his left. Thankfully Marco didn't hit me, allowing me to fake it. Once I fake it, I allow myself to fall backward. Macro quickly then grabbed me and pulled me up by my armpits, my feet barely touching the floor. He dragged me close to a hole in the wall before we paused.

"Cut! Hook them up quickly, we are losing sunlight!" Dan exclaimed allowing Marco to loosen his grip on me.

Once the order was given people were moving about while Marco and I stand rooted in our spot. I could feel Marco's hot breath on my neck but I tried to ignore it as I felt someone hooking the ropes to my harness that was under my shirt. Once they were done, everyone left the area and Dan called out action again.

Returning to what he was doing, Marco dragged me the remaining way to the wall before pausing. We both counted in our heads to the number five so I could wait for Marco's cue that he was about to push me out of the hole. The cue came when he blew heavily onto my neck, so I could prepare myself. Trusting my harness, I relaxed and allowed Marco to push me without resisting. There was already a camera position on top of the building that was looking down at me to catch the action. The harness helped slow me down, making me look like I was free-falling. Below me was a mat covered with debris on the roof of another destroyed building. The fall only lasted for a few seconds but once my back hit the mat, I pretended to act hurt, covering my face in the process. I allowed myself a few seconds of rest before turning on my stomach and pretending to struggle to get up. I kept my back hunched and started to hastily stand back up, pretending to stumble before looking over at Marco, taking a few steps away from the mat. Marco too was hooked up to a harness allowing him to jump down from where he was. Once he landed and tugged in his leg, Dan called out cut once again causing us to stay rooted to our spot. This time people were sent to take off the ropes so that we could run without restrictions. Once they were off, we started filming again and a game of chase pursued, with Marco and I jumping from building to building.

We jumped over several buildings with them getting lowered to the ground. After jumping from about three different buildings, I came across the smallest one in height. This was the one that I had jumped off. There was a ladder that Cassie's character would half climb off before it gets away, causing the character to fall on badly on her ankle.