Chapter 6

Riley's POV:

The hours that followed each day didn't seem to be enough time to film Lost Maps.

I was continually being called to perform several stunts leaving little time to hang with Hailey and Charlie.

Often Hailey called, telling me Charlie wanted to speak to me before he went to sleep and after Charlie and I talked, Hailey would ask about my day.

Due to all the late-night calls with Charlie and Hailey, I was able to learn that Hailey worked as a waitress in a fancy restaurant. I never bother to get the name of it, but I supposed it paid well since Hailey was able to support Charlie and herself. I also learned that when Hailey was working, Avery would watch over Charlie. It was a routine that Hailey was following since she was 16 and emancipated herself from her parents.

I never asked her why she emancipated herself from her parents since that wasn't any of my business, but Hailey told me that Avery's parents looked after her, so it wasn't like she lived on the street for that period of time.

All of it confused me, but once again, I never asked for an explanation.

"Look at you," Grace said, bringing me back into reality.

I was currently in my gym trying to improve my arm grip for a new stunt I had to do.

I didn't bother to look at Grace as I looked at the double salmon ladder, trying to get ready to start climbing.

"Yea, just... training," I said as I reached out for the bar.

While doing the double salmon ladder, Grace spoke up again.

"So when is your friend coming?" Grace asked as she observed me.

"Soon, I guess, I called her about an hour ago," I said.

Nodding her head, she just continued to look at me.

When I finally finished, I sighed, allowing my arms to rest on my side.

Grace and I ended up having a conversation since she didn't seem to want to leave my side. I didn't want to be rude, so I talked with her for a while.

While she was in the middle of talking about her ex-boyfriend, a voice yelled out my name.

"Thank the Lord." I thought to myself.

It wasn't like Grace was annoying, but she seems to try a little too hard to get my attention.

I didn't have to look to know it was Charlie, but I still turned my head as I bent down so I could hug him.

I was able to convince Hailey to work out with me, and after begging her to come, she finally agreed.

She smiled when she noticed I was staring and walked over to me.

"You look sweaty," Hailey said with a chuckled.

"Yea, while that's what happens when you work out," I said.

I immediately noticed the awkward tension as I realized Grace will still next to me.

"Oh shoot, sorry, Hailey, this is Grace."

"Nice to meet you," Hailey said while smiling.

Grace smiled but didn't respond to her as she turned to look at me.

"While I'll talk to you later, I have to take care of some things," Grace said as she kissed my cheek.

I couldn't help but frown.

"So this is where you go when you're not stunting," Hailey said, unfazed by Grace's behavior.

"Yea, I mean, where else is a superhero suppose to train?" I asked as I looked at Charlie.