chapter ten

Violet

"Good morning, V! I know this is quite cheesy of me as you would say, but I had an urge. So I hope you have a wonderful Saturday and just know that I'm quite fond of you and your existence." Joshua's voice rattled off from my voicemail. As adorable as he was, I didn't know why he used voicemail. Maybe to be more personable, I was not sure, but it was charming nonetheless.

I decided to shoot him back a text to thank him for the cute message.

TO: Joshua
thank you for the very cute wake up message! i'll see you tomorrow! have a good day!!(-:

Once I finished the message, I set my phone on the side of the bed and sat up on it's edge. It sunk down with me since it was one of those expensive memory foam mattresses, which gave me another reason to be envious of Liam Payne.

Since he left about a month and a half ago, I had been making myself comfortable in his bedroom for obvious reasons. I let my bedroom, or what was the guest bedroom, stay open for my friends if any wanted to stay the night and overall, it had worked out quite well.

I stood up to see my dog Casper lying down on his bed in the corner. He was a golden retriever and was probably the sweetest dog in the whole world. He noticed my movements and got up to greet me as I crouched down to pet his soft fur.

"Who's a good boy? Huh? Who is? You are! Yes you are!" I said like any other dog owner before standing back up and walking outside of the bedroom to the kitchen, Casper following close behind.

I made myself a bowl of cereal before sitting down on the cold, leather couch and turning on the television.

I flipped through the channels as I ate, settling on a marathon of Cake Boss.

I finished my bowl of cereal and put it in the dishwasher. I quickly returned back to my seat on the couch.

I heard a knock on the door and gave a confused look. It was only ten in the morning and I knew none of my friends would be awake before noon if they didn't have to be.

I stood up, tucked my loose plain white t-shirt into my athletic shorts a bit, and finger-combed through my tangly hair I had forgotten to brush after my shower last night.

Deciding I looked alright enough to answer the door, I opened it about halfway and peeked through to see a delivery man holding a box. I swung the door open all the way and greeted him with a smile, to which he kindly returned before handing me the package and a clipboard to sign. I quickly scribbled my signature and handed it back before thanking him and shutting the door.

I put the package to the side of the door and headed back upstairs, unsure if I should have opened it or not, as it could have been for Liam.

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and opened it up, composing a message to send to Liam, who I had been texting and calling over the time he'd been gone. We'd actually grown closer and had become what I considered friends.

TO: Liam
ok so a package just came and idk if it's for you or me.

I put my phone in the band of my shorts and headed back to the couch, and watched Cake Boss happily, not expecting a reply from Liam for some time.