chapter twelve

Violet

A few days had passed since Liam and Harry returned, and Liam and I had yet to of had one decent conversation. Every time I would pass him in the halls and tried to talk to him, he would quickly make up an excuse to not stay long. It was tiring to try and keep up, so I kind of just gave up for awhile, and let Liam do what Liam wants.

So, to make up for the times Liam has turned down, I hang out with Harry and invite over my friends. They all have grown quite fond of the cheeky fellow, so it works out.

But, I have noticed something different in Grace. She keeps disappearing for long times and while I don't care for her to explore the house or hanging out with our secluded Liam, I'd appreciate her hanging out with me at least a little. I can't help but to be bothered by this, but I'm going to let it go because she seems to be happier after she talks him.
__________
-------------------
Liam

"Liam, I need to go out and hang out with Violet. I feel bad about this..." Grace reminded me again as we sat in my bed, watching a football match on the TV.

"I know, I know. It's just that I'm having a hard time facing her, so all I have to talk to is you and Harry. I'm lonely, that's all." I replied, as I took her hand in mine and circled my thumb around the top of her hand.

We'd grown a lot closer and she made me happy as she helped me forget that Violet wasn't there for me to woo anymore. I found out that we had a lot in common and that maybe we could actually become a thing. The best part, though, was that she seemed to be down with being something more, too.

"I've got to go, Liam. Talk later?" She asked as she stood up and dusted off her jeans. I nodded and smiled sheepishly at the girl. She was very tan and had silky smooth black hair that stopped just below her shoulders. I found out that her parents immigrated to Seclarin from Cairo way before she was born.

She sauntered out of the room, leaving me thinking to myself about what I was doing with my life.
___________
-------------------
Harry

I sat on the couch in between Violet and Maggie, studying the two girls beside me. I spent less time on Violet because she was already in enough shít with boys that she didn't need me involved. So, I stare at Maggie and note everything about her. From her jet black tresses to her light pink lips to her pale and yellowish-toned skin, and I couldn't help but be captivated. She wore no makeup and had these cat-eyed lenses sitting upon the bridge of her nose that just made her even more adorable.

"So, Maggie..." I started, suddenly wanting to know a lot more about her.

"Yes, Harry?"

"Where are you from?"

"Seclarin, but my dad was born in Hong Kong and my mom in Beijing. They moved to England after they met here during a business meeting." She said blandly, as if she had rehearsed the line a million times over and was sick of saying it.

"I see... what's your favorite color?" I lamely tried to continue the already dead conversation. I need to spice this up and get her interested.

"The absence of color."

"Oh..." I replied on reflex, letting the conversation die just like my hopes to get her interested in my life. I heard Violet stifling laughs from the other side of me and I looked over at her, glaring.