calamity || l.p

"Breaking News from Seclarin," the woman's monotonous voice sounded through the speakers of the television, "Movie showing ending in death. 56 fatalities and 3 being sent to hospitals nearby. More news as it breaks." She finished and moved on to the next topic to cover at 6 pm.

Liam Payne was sitting comfortably with his girlfriend, Sophia, when the news broke. He suddenly turned his attention to the television when he heard the familiar town.

"What's wrong, babe?" Sophia asked him with concern, rubbing his back.

But he didn't hear her. All he could focus on was what he just heard. He impulsively picked up the phone and called the all-too-familiar number.

He impatiently waited for an answer that would never come.

The last ring sounded before her voicemail played

"Hey, it's Violet. Sorry I can't answer right now or I may just be avoiding you. Figure it out on your own." The beep sounded and Liam opened his mouth to say something, but his voice was stuck.

After awhile of just silence and Sophia staring intently at him, Liam regained his voice.

"Violet," his voice was strangled and sounded like it was cutting in and out, "It's Liam. I, uh, just want to make sure you're okay. Call me back as soon as possible." Liam said before hanging up, simply blank.

"Liam..." Sophia said, reaching out for her frozen boyfriend. He shrugged her off and walked to his bedroom, shut the door, and sat himself on the bed.

His hands were folded into his lap and his chocolate eyes blank. He stared at nothing and thought of nothing but tragedy.

--

The last of Violet Huron's worries was a missed call from a former friend-turned-star. She was in an ambulance, lying on a stretcher, only focused on her short breaths. She stared only at the blinding white interior of the vehicle.

She felt nothing. She was completely numb.

From the time she had been found and assessed, it was just one worded answers and anesthesia for what felt like forever.

The last thing she remembered was her racing heartbeat.

--

a/n: THIS IS A NEW STORY THAT I THOUGHT OF AND AM EXCITED ABOUT KINDA IDK WE'LL SEE WHERE IT GOES.

THIS IS LIKE A TEASER BUT NOT IDK

eudaemonist 2014-2016