Chapter 8

(Devon's POV)

I open my eyes, slowly adjusting to the sunlight. I look around, noticing this isn't my bunk. I furrow my eyebrows and look down. I see a girl with blonde hair- Elsa? Ellie?

I sigh, knowing what I have to do- ditch her. I get up, quickly putting my clothes on. I look at my watch, '9:32 AM.'

I grab my phone and try turning it on- but it's dead. I mentally curse myself as I run out of her room.

I look around, knowing where we are. I start walking back to the tour bus.

I promised myself that I'd never do this again. I promised myself that I wouldn't use a girl then ditch her. I promised myself that I wouldn't have sex unless in a relationship.

What if Ellie was in a relationship and I ruined it? It wouldn't make sense because she was in a club..but she was fucking drunk! I was drunk! We were both drunk.

I slam the door behind me on the tour bus, catching everybody's attention.

"Have fun last night?" Jamie smirks at me.

I ignore her remark and walk to my bunk. I get changed in new clothes. I put on black ripped skinny jeans, my hoodie and converses.

I'm pissed off. Not just at me- but everyone. They knew I didn't want this to happen. They knew I didn't want to break another girls heart. They knew that I didn't want to get drunk. They knew.

I plug my phone in so it can charge.

I walk back into the lounge, sitting down next to Skylar and Ryan. I'm surprised I don't have a head ache. But oh well.

"Uh, you okay?" Skylar asks me.

"Does it look like I'm okay? Fuck no! I'm not o-fucking-kay!" I snap, taking everybody by shock.

"Woah, what happened?" Ryan asks.

"You guys knew that I didn't want to go get drunk and hook up with someone. But I did. And I left the fucking girl." I explain.

Alex looks down at the mention of me sleeping with another girl. Well fuck! If she wants to go out with me just say it!

"Oh..I'm sorry." Skylar mutters.

I shake my head and get up.

"Sorry is just a god damn word." I walk to my bunk, climbing in.

I sigh as I pick up my phone. Let's just hope none of the Paparazzi followed me around last night or this morning. I look all over social media- finding nothing,  I sigh in relief.

As I'm about to call Taylor, my bunk opens. I put my phone down and look over, to see Alex. I bite my lip and scoot over, making room for her. She climbs on and sits next to me, closing the curtain.

"Hi." Alex mutters.

"Hi Alex." I sigh.

"I know sorry isn't going to fix this," Alex sighs. "But I really am sorry. And it wasn't your fault. The influence of alcohol does something's to you. And I know you didn't want to go to that stupid club."

I study her face. I notice little dark circles around her eyes- like she hasn't been able to sleep. Her eyes aren't hazel or bright- they're black and sad.

"Are," I start. "Are you happy with Jamie?"

My question must've caught her off guard, because she furrows her eyebrows.

"I..I don't know." Alex admits.

I look away, biting my lip.

"I feel like she's..like she isn't committed or anything. Like she only uses me for sex."

I turn back to Alex.

"She doesn't make you feel protected? Or loved..or happy..or warm?" I ask her.

Alex shakes her head, 'no'.

"She doesn't make you feel nervous? She doesn't make you blush, or butterflies in your stomach?"

Again, she shakes her head, 'no'.

"No fireworks or sparks?"

And it's a no, again.

"So she doesn't make you feel like this?" I ask, coming closer. I hear her breath hitch. I place my hand on her thigh, rubbing it.

"N-no." Alex stutters out.

"Or this?" I cup her face, rubbing her cheek with my thumb.

Alex gulps and shakes her head.

"Okay." I pull my hands away, with a smirk on my face.

Now I know she still have feelings for me. At least 99%, I'm still waiting for that 1%.

Alex sits there, confused on what just happened. I sigh and grab my phone, waiting for her to do something. I log onto Twitter, scrolling through my feed.

Alex then grabs my face, putting her lips to mine. I drop my phone, kissing her back.

Fireworks, sparks, whatever you want to call it. This is what has been missing for 3 years.

Alex pulls away, her eyes widen in shock.

"I love you." She whispers. My eyes meet hers.

"I've never stopped loving you." I admit. "But you have to choose, Alex.  It's either Jamie or me."

I grab my phone, climbing over her and out of the bunk, leaving her to think. I do a little dance before walking into the lounge.

I smile to myself and sit on the couch, next to Skylar, who is Face Timing Kai.

She said she loves me, but she still has Jamie. I felt fireworks, and I'm pretty sure Alex felt it too. She said she didn't have that with Jamie, but she has it with me. I make her nervous, I can tell. I make her blush by staring at her, it's easy.

If I do find out Jamie is only using Alex for sex, I'm pretty sure I'll kill Jamie. Because Alex deserves the world- and I'm going to make sure she has it. Sure, we've both made mistakes, but it's human nature, right?

I look at Jamie, who is on her phone, grinning. I notice a glint of excitement in her eyes. Who is she texting? Ew..she could be sexting. Gross.

Alex comes into the lounge, looking a little flustered. I wink at her as she makes eye contact with me. She blushes- see! It's that easy. She sits down next to Jamie, who hasn't acknowledge her yet. I raise an eyebrow was Alex tries to speak to her, but Jamie continues texting.

Alex sighs and looks away, making eye contact with me. She sighs once more and looks away.