Chapter 12

(Devon's POV)

I close my notebook, finishing the new song I just wrote. I don't know how these lyrics come to my head, they just do. And when they do, I just write them down.

I hop out of my bunk, wearing black leggings, a white V-neck shirt, my black leather jacket and combat boots.

I sigh as I walk out into the lounge. I sit next to Alex, who is next to Skylar. Alex smiles at me, which I return. Skylar is on Face Time, Raven and Leon are watching TV while Ryan and Ivy are cuddling.

We're on our way to North Carolina, Nags Head, OBX. My parents used to take me there for vacation. I just loved the beach and flying kites. We'd always used to get ice cream. I haven't been here since I was 10. We had a secret place on the beach, and I'm going to go see if it's still there - hopefully it is.

I feel something warm slip into my hand - Alex's hand. I lace our fingers together with a small grin. Maybe I should make my move already. I mean, I want to ask her out, I'm just scared too. But I'm pretty sure she'll say yes, right?

I take a deep breath before turning to Alex, who is looking at me.

"Come with me." I whisper to her. Alex nods, getting up while holding my hand.

I lead her to the back and sit down, she sits next to me. I bite my lip as I take a deep breath.

"Will you uh, uhm," I take another deep breath. "Go on a date with me?"

Alex doesn't say anything, making my face fall. I slowly release my hand from hers, but she grabs it again.

"Of course I will." Alex smiles at me.

I let out a nervous laugh and lean back, sighing in relief.

"Was the famous Devon Swift, nervous?" Alex teases me.

"Only for you." I wink at her, causing her to blush a little bit. "Alright, uhm. I need to go set the date up, wear something casual and we'll leave at 6, okay?"

Alex nods, getting up and leaving the room. Skylar then comes in the room, sitting down next to me.

"Did she say yes?" Skylar asks.

"Yes," I grin. "And I need your help to set up."

~~~

I wait outside of the tour bus with a rose in my hand - yes, it's cheesy, I know. I'm wearing black skinny jeans, a black V-neck shirt, my leather jacket and combat boots. I had to change because I was sweating and crap.

I grin as the door open, revealing Alex. She's wearing jean shorts, a white floral shirt and converses.

"Have her back by 10:00!" Ivy shouts as she closes the door. "Use protection!"

I let out a silent laugh but stop when I look at Alex.

"You -uh, look b-beautiful." I stutter out, causing Alex to blush. I hand her the rose, making her smile. Luckily, Paparazzi or fans aren't around right now.

"You look nice," She smiles. "Where are we going?"

"That," I take her hand with a grin. "Is a surprise."  We lace our fingers together as we walk out of the parking lot. The beach isn't too far from here.

It's a chilly night out, but it's nice. The sun is just setting and the sky are different colors. You can hear the waves crashing on the beach, making Alex grin.

"The beach?" Alex asks.

"Yeah." I answer as we take foot on the beach. Alex takes off her converses as I take off my combat boots. We also take off our socks. I hold my shoes in my free hand, as does Alex. The sand isn't hot, nor cold, but just write.

I always loved the feeling of the sand between my toes.

We reach a cave, where I set everything up.

"What's this?" Alex asks, studying the outside.

I don't respond, but tug her along inside. We walk further and further into the cave. This was the place my parents and I had. Our special place.

As we reach the spot, there is an opening that you can see the sunset and the horizon, making it beautiful. Skylar and I set up a blanket, pillows, candle's and a basket full of food. 

"Wow.." Alex trails off.

I smile and sit down, her sitting next to me.

"This place was my parent's and I's. We used to go here all the time for vacation." I inform her as I open the basket.

"It's astonishing." 

I nod and take out 2 plates. While Alex is looking at everything, I'm setting up the food. I packed us some pasta, garlic bread and red wine. I take out the 2 glasses, pouring the wine in there as I grab 2 forks out. I set the forks down, looking at Alex.

"Looks good." Alex grins as she grabs her fork. She twirls the pasta in her fork, bringing it up to her mouth. I watch her and wait for her to tell me how it is. "This is good. Holy cow!"

"I made it myself." I laugh. It's true, I did. I may or may not know how to cook. But that doesn't matter.

"Do you have a secret talent that nobody knows about..cooking?" Alex raises an eyebrow.

"Maybe." I grin, taking a sip of my wine. "Do you have any secret talents?"

Alex thinks about this for a moment.

"I can put my tongue like a taco." Alex shrugs, demonstrating it. I laugh at her as I try to do it. And I can't. Alex giggles at my fail attempts.

We being talking about random subjects as we eat and drink. As we finish, I pack everything up. I stand up with the basket in my hand. Everything could fit in the basket, so that's a relief. I hold out my hand for Alex, which she gladly takes as we begin walking.

I notice Alex shivering, so I stop and set my basket down. I take off my leather jacket, putting it around Alex.

"Thanks." Alex mumbles. I nod and pick the basket back up, taking her hand once more, we begin walking back to the tour bus.

~~~

"I had a really great time tonight." Alex smiles up at me.

"I did too." I mumble, looking at Alex.

We fall into silence, just us, looking at each other. My leather jacket is fairly large on her, so it makes her look cute, to me, at least. Her brown hair is all on one side, her hazel eyes boring into my bright blue eyes. My eyes travel down to her lips, then back to her eyes.

Alex starts leaning in, as do I. She closes her eyes just as our lips touch. I close mine as the fire works  go off with the sparks. It was a short kiss, but it was one of the best. One of the kisses that says I miss you. I missed her lips.

I grin at her as we walk onto the tour bus.

This date, was successful.