Chapter Thirteen: Trashed

The next morning, I woke up to a snoring Jasper and smiled. Jasper's arms were wrapped firmly around me and my head was nestled on his chest, our legs tangled together. We hadn't done anything more than make out and sleep last night but I felt closer to him. It was a great feeling to feel cared for and, after the second half of our date, that's what I felt like. I could get used to this, I thought contentedly.

I could feel Nina scratching to get out and see her mate but I held her off, she could have her time at the next full moon..., which was tomorrow night. Damn, I totally forgot. I groaned silently and tried to get up without waking Jasper but it was useless. The moment I started to wiggle out of his arms, his eyes popped opened and settled on me.

"Mm, good morning." He smiled sleepily then his mouth fell open on a large, wolf-like yawn. I giggled against his skin and pressed a small kiss to his chest.

"Good morning to you, too." I grinned. He pulled me closer, causing me to straddle his waist. I gasped as my sex pressed against his morning wood.

"Jasper." I whispered, his name coming out breathier than I wanted it too.

"Sorry, babe but I'm not exactly fully in control of it. It happens in the mornings and this morning is even worse, Dylan is dying to get out." He grimaced as I squirmed, trying to get away but forcing more contact. "Lena, if you want to walk out of this room this morning the virgin you were when you walked in then I suggest you stay still." He groaned, dropping a kiss on my forehead and grasping my hips to lift me off of him. He was just about to say something when a frantic knocking interrupted him. I looked at Jasper in question and he looked just as confused as me. He got up, taking my hand so I would trail behind him, and opened the door. Jason stood on the other side, his face etched with concern. "What going on, man?" Jasper asked.

"There's been a problem. The security detail that you had watching Lena's apartment called this morning." He paused, looking over at me. "Somebody broke into your apartment and destroyed everything there. They left a note saying, 'Soon'." He finished, handing Jasper the note. The first thing Jasper did was sniff it, seeing if he noticed the scent, and he growled.

"It seems your little friend isn't too happy with you, Lena." He growled, crumbling the paper.

"What friend?" I asked in confusion.

"Harper." He replied, his mouth twisted in a distasteful manner as he spoke the name, as though just saying the name left a nasty flavor in his mouth.

"No. No, Harper wouldn't do something like that." I shook my head, going to the bed and finding my phone. I had seventeen missed calls from Harper, fourteen voicemails and two video messages. I sat on the bed, pressing the messages and putting the phone to my ear, only to quickly pull it away because of Harper's yelling voice.

"Where the fuck are you, Lena?! I know you aren't with that asshat from before. I've talked to all your neighbors and they say you haven't been staying at your apartment. Is that why you're avoiding me? Because you're too busy whoring around with that jackass?!" He yelled in the voicemail, his voice slurred.

I deleted the message and waited for the next to start but they were all the same. He accused me of being a tease and caring for nobody but myself. At work, I had made sure to keep my distance and slip in and out before he could catch up to me but I never thought he would go to my apartment.

Finally, I moved to the video messages. The first was him apologizing for all he had said and telling me how much he loved me, he was inside my apartment when he took the video. In the next video, he showed me my trashed apartment and said I should have been home if I didn't want something like that to happen. I was so stunned that he would do something that stupid, even if I was sure he was drunk. I felt a tear rushed down my cheeks and Jasper crouched down in front of me, taking my hands and looking up into my eyes.