Chapter Seventeen: Heat And Mated

I pulled myself up, holding my head high, and walked the rest of the way to Jasper's office. I struggled slightly to walk straight and keep my bag on my shoulder. Jasper must have felt me coming because, before I could get to the door, he burst out of the room. His eyes found mine and I could see the hunger in his gaze. Behind him, the group of men he had been meeting with trailed their eyes over my form, their arousal kicking in.

The scent a female in heat gave off was so strong it could drive almost any male wolf in the vicinity into a mating frenzy. The only people I was sure weren't feeling anything were my brothers and those who were already mated. Even if I was close to a female, I could inadvertently trigger her heat if she had already found her mate. For my heat, I wouldn't be able to be around females that had mates for too long unless they were okay with possibly having their heat triggered. I would also have to stay away from the males because they would feel the need to service me.

"Lena." Jasper groaned, stalking closer to me like I was prey. Despite me being painfully aroused, I was trying not to let my heat control me. The pain was killer but I was stronger than the heat.

"I was just coming to let you know I was done with class for the day but I have work later tonight." I said, trying to keep my voice from quivering as much as my loins.

"There's no way I'm letting you out of this house." He growled, still moving ever so slowly towards me.

"Jasper, I have work to do and I plan on doing it. I'm not going to stay locked in the house because of this. You should know me better than that by now." I scolded, turning away. When I turned away, I noticed a flurry of males easing closer to me with hunger in their eyes. "Down, boys. I'm not a toy to be played with." I said sassily, pushing through the crowd. I think I shocked them so much that they let me walk right passed them without trying anything.

I didn't feel Jasper following me until I was up on our floor. I was about to bypass his room and go straight to mine but, before I could pass his door, Jasper grasped my arm and pulled me into his room. I opened my mouth to protest but his lips came up and covered mine, silencing me. Before I could stop myself, my hands pulled him closer, trailing over his body. He pressed me against the door and lifted me up, making me wrap my legs around his waist. My body was humming for him but a small voice whispered that I had things to do and if I let the kissing continue, that would lead to me not doing anything other than being with him.

"Jasper, I have to get dressed for work and get my homework done." I moaned against his lips.

"That can wait, this can't." He replied, moving us to the bed and pressing me down into the mattress. I could feel his erection against my sex and I pushed my hips up to get closer. We paused, allowing him to strip his shirt off. My arousal, already so high, seemed to kick up even higher. I was so aroused it was like my womb was being stabbed with need.

Jasper kissed his way down my chest, whisking my shirt off when he reached the bottom. I felt his fingers make quick work of my bra and it was gone too. His skillful lips kissed around the swell of my breast before he sucked a nipple into his mouth. His hands kneaded my breast while he sucked my nipples to a hard point. My back arched off the bed, pushing my breast further up.

"Jasper," I panted. "I have- I have work tonight and, if we keep this up, I won't be getting out of your bed until this passes."

"I'll make sure you don't miss work, baby. I'm just going to take the edge off for you." He lifted his head from my breast to smirk at me then his lips were back to work. I was trying to think through what he just said when I became aware of my pants and underwear being pulled off. Jasper sat back for a few seconds, his hungry gaze sweeping over my quivering body. "So beautiful." He whispered.