Chapter Fourteen: Don't Think About Leaving

I grabbed my bag and went downstairs to see Jasper. While I was getting dressed, he had yelled to me that he was going down to his office. On occasion since I had been in the pack house, I had had to stop at his office so I had yelled back a confirmation that I had heard him and I would come down when I was done then continued getting ready. It had taken me extra time to get dressed, considering I was dreading going to work for once, but I was finally ready and I couldn't hold off anymore.

I made sure his door closed behind me then made my way down the stairs. I ran into a few of the pack members on my way down and they all bowed in respect. Despite the fact that Jasper and I hadn't officially mated, people respected that he was my mate..., well, most people did. Some of the girls in the pack still tried to be around him, though he had made sure he didn't let them get too comfortable around him. I saw a few of the catty girls when I finally made it to the bottom floor where the offices were.

I smiled and waved at Jason as I passed his office, which was the only office on the right side of the hall. Jacob's office was right across from Jason's on the left side, seeing as he and Jason were both serving partial roles as the Beta since their wolves were both equally dominant. I was going to wave to him too but his door was closed signaling he wasn't there then I remembered Jasper telling me where he was...., my trashed apartment. Ugh, like I needed something else to remind me that my apartment was trashed last night.

Jasper's office was in the center at the end of the hall. The two large, fresh doors that led into his rather spacious office were closed but I knew he wouldn't mind me just walking in. I paused momentarily outside when I heard a feminine voice but shrugged and pushed open the right door, which was the door he actually kept unlocked. Inside, sitting on top of his desk with her legs crossed, was some blonde bimbo. At my entrance, Jasper's eyes snapped to the door and he stood quickly, making sure I noted the distance.

"Lena, it's not what you're thinking." He rushed out as I walked in and towards his desk, closing the door behind me.

"Oh really?" I crossed my arms. "Because it looks to me like this girl saw you coming into your office and thought to take the opportunity to try to seduce you. I'm guessing she's probably a girl you've hooked up with before and she was sure that, if she just offered it, you would take her up on her offer despite you having a mate now. You were probably just explaining that she needed to leave because you weren't interested but she wasn't convinced. In her eyes, you haven't changed and she just needs to make you see that. Am I missing anything?" I gave him a half-smirk.

I had been around him enough lately that I knew he wasn't trying to mess with anybody else. I wasn't that insecure that I worried about the girls hitting on him. He was hot and he was going to get hit on but I had enough faith in him that I knew he wouldn't take their bait.

"My mate isn't interested in a some bleach blonde, stick thin wannabe. He likes some curves on his chocolate." Nina said sassily in my head. I smirked at her words. You already know.

"Okay, maybe it is what it looks like. But I never hooked up with her." He chuckled, shaking his head.

"I'm about to head out." I told him, ignoring the girl still sitting on his desk.

"Alright. I called all the people I had meetings with today and they're going to meet me at Ricardo's. I'll be watching over you today and Jason and Jacob are going to take care of things here." He said, grabbing some folders off his desk and opening his black briefcase to put the files inside. "We can take my car." He smiled, locking his briefcase. "Jade, please." He looked at the girl and gestured for her to leave.

"But, Jasper." She began to whine but he held up his hand for her to stop and pointed to the door. She huffed and hopped off his desk, glaring at me. I gave her a little wave and smile just to be a bit petty.