chapter 6: so close

(( e^e *and I will always love you starts playing*aaaaaaaand iiiiiiiiiiiii will continue this storrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy xD))

The breakfast was very silent between the three and so was the rest of the day up until everyone arrived. Shadow had been hiding in the back room when everyone had come. The first to arrive was knuckles and rouge hand and hand (x3 shiiiip). Then amy with cream and cheese. Sonic had already walked to get shadow when amy and the others had arrived. The reason he left without saying hello to the guests is because of course to get the ebony hedgehog and think of a good way to explain how he had survived but another was so he didn't get clobbered by the pink hedgehog. Sonic knocked on the others door quietly waiting for him to answer. But all he heard was the others footsteps to the door and the door opening slightly. Sonic came in and shut the door then looked at shadow. The bandages shadow once wore when he first arrived wasn't there anymore. He looked the same as when he had disappeared after the fight now except his quills had grown a bit longer like sonics and he was taller. Shadow didn't say anything only nodded knowing it was time. Even though shadow kept his usual emotionless face sonic could see the nervousness in his eyes. "....." Sonic out of knowhere hugged shadow. His body stiffened at first but soon relaxed a little "... I know your nervous faker... even though you hide it well" Sonics words rang through shadows head. '...... the one that understands me most is this faker?..' Shadow hugged back tightly. "Hmph..." Shadow then let go and grabbed the blue blurs chin leaning close to him. Sonic started blushing a deep shade of red as shadow came closer. 'Oh my god O/////O' sonic leaned a little closer too. Just before thier lips touched there was a knock at the door. "Umm guys" it was tails knocking wondering what was taking so long. Shadow quickly backed away from the other turning to the side so he couldn't see his face. Sonic shook his head furiously and answered back "We're coming". They both heard footsteps that were slowly fading as they both knew it was tails leaving. "So close...." they both thought blushes on both their faces. Shadow was the first to get up "let's just get this over with.." He said in his usual grumpy tone. Sonic waited until his blush left before responding "yea". Sonic opened the door and made his way down stairs with shadow behind. The room was so talkative until the 2 blurs came into view then there were gasps and a few happy tears. Rouge was the first to pull shadow into a death hug with tears in her eyes. Shadow hugged his best friend back but could feel eyes burning into his back. The eyes were coming from sobic and knuckles both full of jealousy. Shadow let go after feeling the eyes burn deeper. Then amy hugged him a little not as much as rouge did. And finally cream saying "welcome back mr.shadow" in her usual adorable innocent tone. While knuckles just let his jealousy pass and patted shadow on the back with a "welcome back bro". After all that was over there was one last hug to be delt with but it wasn't to the newcomer -_-'. Sonic got his death hug from from amy of course but while trying to pry her off of him this time he could fell eyes burning into his back. Once she was off she pouted at sonic "your no fun". Shadow let out a low growl 'she better back off.....'. And to make matters worst the pink hedgehog started to kiss the other hedgehog. He wasn't listening to the conversation that led up to it being lost in his own thoughts. It took all of the strength in shadows body not to strangle the pink hedgy. But still he helped pry her off without killing her. After a while eveything calmed down and everyone started to talk normaly about whatever it was. Shadow was finally able to slip out of the group heading outside for a little while. But sonic noticed this and he wanted to talk to him alone any way about.... what almost happened. Sonic got up and followed outside not really being noticed either surprisingly.

(( O3O eeeeeeey XD tails whyyyy. I don't own anyone of course))