chapter 15: somethings don't change

N: last chapter for my first story ;^;.. it was fun writing it but oh well i'm starting a new one or two))

Sonic fell asleep after a hour of holding/nursing his baby. Shadow had took the baby from his tired arms to hold hold her for once. Ruby blinked at her father with curiosity as she put her tiny hands on his chestfur. Shadow giggled at his daughters curiosity. Shadow lifted her up so they were eye level "hi there sweetie? :3" shadow said gently poking her nose. She giggled at shadow with a adorable face. Shadows leaned forward a little (she's only like probably a few inches from his face) not that much though and nuzzled her "My my your just as adorable as I thought". Ruby nuzzled him back while continuing her giggling. Shadow smiled at her hertheb stopping there nuzzling by putting ruby in her crib that was between him and sonic. The baby started to cry from inside crib. Shadow knew she should try getting some rest but he didn't know how. He knew a lulaby could work but he couldn't think of any except one but it was a classic. She continued her balling for five mor minutes until shadow gave in to singing it. Shadow picked her up out of her and started to cradle her in his arms which made her stop crying a little. Shadow could a feel a low blush on his face as closed his eyes than he sang "Hush little baby don't say a word,Papas gonna buy you a mockingbird. And if that mockingbird won't sing, Papas gonna buy you a diamond. And if that glass turns brass, Papas gonna buy you a looking glass. And if that looking glass gets broke,Papas gonna buy you a billy goat. And if that billy goat won't pull, Papas gonna buy you a cart and bull. And if that cart and bull turn over, Papas gonna buy you a dog named rover. And if that dog named rover won't bark, Papas gonna buy you a horse and cart. If that horse and cart falls down, you'll still be the sweetest little baby in town." Shadow could hear lite snoring and small chuckling. Shadow opened his eyes to see ruby had fallen asleep but someone had woke up. Sonic had woken up by rubys crys and had been listening to them the whole but didn't want to say anything. "I didn't know you could sing" sonic said teasing the older hog who was putting there daughter back in her crib. "Me neither" shadow teased back. He walked to the otherside of the bed then leaned over to kiss sonic on the head who just smiled and nuzzled the other lovingly.
A few weeks passed shadow was taking a nap on the couch while sonic was playing with ruby but was growing tired. "Upsie daisy" He said picking her up smiling. Sonic looked at the giggling baby then at his sleeping mate '-3- it would be nice if he could help'. Sonic sighed continuing to play with her until night time came. Shadow had woken up after a while and decided to give ruby a bath which was kind of hard considering she kept flailing in the water like she was afraid. Sonic took this time to take a small nap on the couch. Shadow came out with ruby in her sleeping clothes a long with 2 rings they put on her quills that made it looked sorta like pig tails. Ruby let out a tired yawn as shadow headed to rubys room which they decorated a while after they came back from the hospital. Shadow walked through the door that had a few flower stickers on it along with rubys name plastered on the front. The room was painted red and blue with a few emerald stickers along with other stickers with phrases like "daddys little girl" or "mommys angel". Shadow gently laid ruby down in her crib. Ruby grabbed at one of the many stuffed animals and cuddled it but it was a weird purple star with one eye. Shadow blinked at it he didn't remember getting that one but if she liked it he guess it didn't matter. Shadow grabbed the covers and pulled it over her he then leaned forward and kissed her on the forehead "night ruby". He strolled a
out the room gently shutting it behind him. Shadow went to the living room to see his sleeping mate slowly waking up. "Hey shadz..." sonic said rubbing his eyes with a yawn. Shadow smiled a little 'he looks so adorable' "hey sleepy head" he said walking towards the couch to sit next to sonic. Sonic moved a little so shadow could sit next to him. Shadow guestered for sonic to get up who did but looked at him with confusion. Shadow grabbed his arm and pulled him down so that sonic was sitting on his lap. Sonic was blushing like mad looking back at shadow who had a mischievous hrin on his face. Shadow nuzzles him a little "I love you..". Sonic still had a terrible blush on his but nuzzled back "I love you too shads..". Shadow leaned closer to him "sonic...". Sonic leaned forward a little too "shadow....". Just before there lips could touch ruby started crying which made them stop. 'Again -_- with this' Shadow sighed letting go of sonic who got up but turned around and suprise kissed shadow. Before shadow could grab him or even comprehend what just happened sonic backed away with a smirk on his face. Sonic walked away heading toward there daughters room while shadow just looked dazed. 'I wonder how ruby would feel about having a little brother or sister' shadow thought with a wide smirk on his face.

((Well that's that btw the wierd purple star ish black doom so I don't know if I add a sequel or keep it the same o3o... well hope you liked the story))

my green emeralds [sonadow]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें