Before The Party

Sonic's POV
The day started out as normal, everyone on mobius doing their own thing. People crowding the café for their morning coffee, then rushing to work. I just sat there on a park bench watching the birds, listening to the sounds, and thinking. Although this wasn't abnormal for me. I do this a lot, at least everyday now. It's a habit.
As I was thinking I came across one thought that always seems to be there, a thought that never goes away, Shadow. My crush.

I wondered what Mobius would do if they found out I wasn't all they thought I was. If they knew the truth. Of course my reputation would be completely ruined, and the people who trust me as their hero, wouldn't see me the same way again. Nobody would. They'd all see me as the hero who can't be trusted.

People these days, hate gays. They think we're like evil or something. It kind of hurts sometimes how I always have to play along. Pretend I'm straight, but I'm not, I'm gay. I like boys. I'd like to say I'm at least bisexual, but I'm not. I like boys, and only boys. Trust me I thought of dating Amy to cover up the fact that I'm gay, but I can't do that to Amy. I can't use her like that.

To the positive side today honestly felt like it was filled with possibilities, it felt like today would be the day things changed for me. Little did I know today could either be the best or worst day of my life. Today could change the outcome of everything. Today could change my life in a negative or positive way.

Since I had just saved the world from being destroyed, Rouge was going to throw a special party in her huge mansion (also don't ask why she has a mansion, because I don't know), celebrating their victory. I am kind of excited, but kind of nervous. Rouge told me that everyone was going to be there, including Shadow. Who I have had a crush on for awhile now, but I'm too afraid to tell him, because I'm too afraid Shadow won't return my feelings. So I keep it to myself, until tonight. I plan to tell Shadow tonight, I plan to tell Shadow I like him. I'm pretty much a nervous wreck, I'm afraid to tell my dark counterpart, I'm was afraid of rejection.

Shadow's POV
I was sitting under a tree by a lake just thinking about everything. My thoughts kept drifting onto the party tonight. Rouge always goes crazy when she throws parties. Usually someone gets drunk, a very happy couple has sex, and someone gets embarrassed playing Truth or Dare. Rouge's favorite game.

I really didn't want to go to the party tonight. I didn't want to see people. I was only going because Rouge had convinced me to go. I'm really not a people person, and I really don't want to be around everyone. Mostly because I hardly knew anyone.

Rouge told me this would be my chance to get to know some people, and maybe even find my soul mate. Highly doubt that! Honestly I'm perfectly fine on my own. I don't need some girl always by my side going on dates and stuff. I'm honestly perfectly content being alone, I don't need friends or girlfriends to worry about. Even if I did get friends, considering my luck, they'd probably be taken from me. Just like Maria was.

Anyway Rouge told me the party was going to be somewhat fancy, so I had to dress up a little. Yay!! Sarcasm intended.

Sonic's POV
It's still 2 hours until the party so I guess I'll go take a shower. The party's somewhat fancy anyway.

After my shower I've still got 1 hour and 30 minutes till the party (Don't ask what he takes 30 minutes to take a shower), so I guess I'll just go play my WiiU or something. Maybe I could decide how to tell Shadow my feelings. Honestly though I didn't know, I think I'll get to nervous and chicken out. I wish I could go to the party early and get it over with, but Rouge said to be there at 6:00pm or after that. She also said no later than 6:30pm though. She wasn't going to wait for anybody.

So I finally decided to watch a romantic show on tv, but I wasn't really paying attention to the show. I was too busy thinking about tonight.