The Party

Sonic's POV
I got to the party and there were flashing lights, people dancing, blasting music, and lots of food and drinks. Shadow had beat me here, not like we were racing in the first place. He was standing in the corner, not really talking to anyone, or doing anything.

I know Rouge had a balcony, and that's where I planned to tell him. I started to make my way over to Shadow, but before I could say hi, Rouge called out,
"Alright everyone, time for a game of Truth or Dare!!! Everyone gather up in a circle!!"
People started mumbling things that I couldn't pick up. I could tell some were happy to play, while others, including me, were not. I mean I just want to tell Shadow I like him, why can't we play truth or dare later!! Ugh!

"Alright everyone rules are you can dare any thing you want, and you can ask anything you want for truths. Everyone gets one pass every 3 turns, which means they get a different dare or truth, but there is no rule saying you can't give them the dare or truth again"
(I'm sorry if my version is different from yours, this is how my friends and I play)
"Since we're celebrating Sonic's victory, he will begin!" Rouge continued.
"Okay then..." I said, not sure who to ask. Then I saw Shadow, I wondered if I should ask him, but before I could continue my thoughts Rouge interrupted me
"Sonic it's not life or death, just choose someone!"
I answered the slightly annoying bat by saying,
"Uhh...sorry. Tails truth or dare?"
"Hmmm...I guess truth"
"Okay then... Do you have a crush on Cream?"
Okay I know it was a little mean, especially considering Cream was sitting right next to him.
"Uhhhh......."
A long pause later
"Tails just answer the question" an irritated red echidna said
"okay okay, sorry. Uhh.... Yea" Tails said as his cheeks started to turn a shade of pink. After everyone smirked at them, Tails said
"Umm... Truth or dare... Amy?"
"Hmm... Dare!" Amy said
"I dare you to..."
"KISS SONIC!!!!"
"Uhh... no, I dare you to run around the neighborhood saying I'm a chicken"
"Okay..."
One dare later
"Okay Sonic truth or dare?" Amy said
"Hmm... I'm feeling daring today, so dare"
"I dare you to kiss me on the cheek"
"Uh, can I use my pass?"
"Yes, I dare you to French kiss me on the lips!"
She knew what she was doing, she had this all planned out. I yelled at her
"WHAT?!?! NOOO!!"
"You have to..."
No, I can't, I've never kissed before. I want to have my first kiss with someone I love, not Amy. I didn't know what to do so I ran. I ran to Rouge's balcony and stayed there. I couldn't kiss Amy, I just couldn't.

After about 20 minutes of standing there I decided I should probably go back inside. Until I saw Shadow standing there in the doorway.
"Are you okay Sonic?" He asked calmly, a side of him I didn't recognize.
"Yea, just didn't want to kiss Amy, that's all"
"Why?"
"Because I've never had my first kiss yet, I want to do it with someone I love, not Amy."
"Do you love someone?"
"Yes, in fact I do"
This was it, I was telling him. There was no going back now.
"Who?"
"Look Shadow, don't freak out or anything but... I'm... Uhh...."
"You're what?"
"I'm... Not exactly... Straight, I'm... Uh... Gay"
"Okay, and?"
"I'm in love with you, I have been for awhile...."
"YOU'RE WHAT??"
"I'm gay and I'm in love with you" I said proudly
"YOU CAN'T BE GAY!!! YOU CAN'T LOVE ME!!!"
"But I am and I do"
"YOU KNOW I WOULD NEVER LOVE YOU, I HATE YOU, YOU'RE MY RIVAL, NOTHING WILL EVER WORK BETWEEN US!! I THOUGHT WE COULD AT LEAST BE FRIENDS BUT I CANT BE FRIENDS WITH SOMEONE WHO'S CONSTANTLY TRYING TO KISS ME!!"
" WELL MAYBE I MISREAD MY FEELINGS I'M NOT IN LOVE WITH YOU, I HATE YOU, I ALWAYS WILL!!" I replied angrily, tears welling up in my eyes. I ran away from shadow.

I was back in the room the party was in and Amy had the courage to go up to me and ask
"Sonukku, where's my kiss?"
"I'm not kissing you, ever!!!!" I replied forcefully.
"Sonic? What wrong?" Tails asked obviously very concerned
"NOTHING TAILS!!"
I yelled a lot more louder than I thought I would. Tails tried to hug me to comfort me, but I pushed him away. Then I ran away from the party, away from everyone.

-- Shadow's POV
Oh no! What have I done. I didn't mean to explode like that, but I hate gay people. Girls should be with boys, and boys should be with girls. At least that's what Maria taught me.

I walked back to the party and Tails gave me the dirtiest look ever and said roughly
"What did you do to him?!?!"
I couldn't lie, so I bent the truth and told him
"We got into a fight"
"OVER WHAT EXACTLY?"
I couldn't tell Tails what Sonic told me, I couldn't tell everyone Sonic was gay. So I simply said
"Tails it's between Sonic and I. I believe it should stay there. If you guys don't mind I'm going home. Enjoy the party."
I couldn't believe what I had done. How could I hurt Sonic so badly. Sonic had to gather up curate to even tell me he was gay, that's not an easy thing to say, and to tell me loves me knowing he could be rejected. How could I...