Happiness

~ 2 years later ~

Sonic's POV
It's been 2 years since Shadow and I got back together. The hate from fans has died down. Most fans support Shadow and I, and some don't. We don't mind the hate anymore. All we know is that we're happy together. Egghead has attacked multiple times, but Shadow and I are strong enough to take him down.

All our friends support Shadow and I, except Amy. She told me she got a boyfriend to make me jealous. So she's not too happy about Shadow and I, and out of her anger she tried to kill Shadow. Luckily, he's not weak and was able to take her down. After finally getting her to stay down we called police who arrested her. She went to court and was charged with attempted murder, leading to her being sentenced 50 years in jail.
(I'm only guessing on the court stuff)

Eggman has given up finally. He wants to live out the rest of his days in peace, but Shadow and I are still on guard.

Speaking of Shadow and I, our relationship is still going strong. We have fought, but we're over it now. I mean it's kinda normal for couples to fight a little. Shadow and I are almost inseparable, but Tails has managed to get us to separate. Only for five minutes.

Now here I am... Sonic the Hedgehog. I'm now 19, but still look like my 17 year old self.

Shadow's POV
A lot has gone on lately. Luckily for us, the fans' hate has gone down, and we have loads of supporters. Thank god!

All of our friends accept us. Amy isn't technically a friend anymore since she tried to kill me, and neither is Rouge. She tried to kill Sonic, for the same reasons Amy tried to kill me. Except she wanted me, not Sonic. Luckily, I was able to hold her down while Sonic called the police. They came and arrested her. She also went to court and was charged with the same as Amy. Attempted murder, and 50 years in jail.

Sonic and I are still together, and we don't care if people don't like it. We're happy, and to us that's all that matters. We've fought, but we rarely do. We only fought twice for reasons I can't remember.

Now here I am... Shadow the Hedgehog, I'm now 52, but still look like my 15 years old self.

Sonic's POV
Shadow and I have a date tonight, we were going to a fancy restaurant. I was excited, even though this was like our 559th date. I'm just guessing, I haven't been counting. I was ready to go, and I was just waiting on Shadow. After he was ready to go, we went to the restaurant.

We ate and talked, I had a great time. Just as I was ready to go. Shadow got down on one knee. Oh my god!! He's gonna propose!! Oh my god!! Oh my god!! Oh my god!! Shadow was on one knee, and then he started talking.
"Sonic, ever since the day I met you, I knew I loved you. When I kissed you for the first time, it felt like magic. When I see your beautiful emerald eyes, my world lights up. I can't live without you, I won't live without you. Sonic, will you marry me?"

I started to cry, I put my hands over my mouth and nodded. He got up and hugged me, I started to cry more. All around us I heard clapping, everyone was happy. I cried more seeing everyone clap, but for once, I wasn't crying because I was being raped. I wasn't crying because I had been taken from Shadow. I wasn't crying because the fans were hating on us. I wasn't crying because Shadow and I broke up. I was crying because I was happy.

This happiness didn't come easy though. When you're in love, you have to work for it. You have to fight everyday to keep it. You have to go through heartache. You have to love even though times are tough. If you want to be happy, then first you have to go through pain. But as your laying on the ground in pain, there's always someone to pick you up. For me, that was Shadow, our adventure is far from over. Our adventure has only begun. Of course you may think you'll never find love, because of all the pain you may be going through. But,  in the end, it all works out. In the end, you end up happy. But, you'll only be happy, if you work for it...

          THE   END