"I'd Rather Die Than Be Without You"

Sonic's POV
I woke up and saw I was in a white room. I had many wires hooked up to me, and I didn't really remember too much of what happened. I was lying on a bed, and Shadow was asleep in a chair next to me. His head was on the side of the bed.

As much as I hate him right now, I resisted the urge to punch him. I woke him up by shaking him gently.
"Hey Sonic, how are you feeling?"
"I feel fine, can you please tell me what happened?"
"Um... I actually don't really know, I was hoping you would remember. All I know is that I was walking through the forest and I found you next to a tree battered and bruised. Honestly you looked absolutely horrible. Honestly this is all my fault, and I'm so sorry!"
"Shadow, this isn't your fault... It's those damn paparazzi!"
"Sonic, if I wouldn't have been so weak and broke up with you, you wouldn't be here"
"But is it your fault? You didn't want to break up with me did you?"
"Well, no, but it's still my fault you're here"
"The paparazzi pushed you past your limit, making you do something you'd regret. It's not your fault, it's theirs"
"It's my fault you're here Sonic, end of story."
"Whatever you say"

I tried to lean towards him, but then I felt a stinging pain throughout my body.
"Ahhh!"
"Sonic? Are you okay?"
"No!! Goddammit!! My... Ahh!"
The pain wouldn't stop! It felt like I was burning, but on the inside. It felt like someone lit the inside of my body on fire. It was unbearable.
"Shadow!! Make it stop!! Ahhh!! Make it stop!!!"
I knew there was nothing he could do, but it hurt. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it. He looked like I was hurting him from that, but that was the least of my worries.

Shadow's POV
It made me feel bad Sonic was in that much pain and I couldn't help him. My hand literally felt like it was going to fall off, but I couldn't worry about myself. Not while Sonic looks like he's being tortured.

Tears of pain already started flowing from his eyes. I felt horrible, I'd rather it be me feeling this pain. I called for the doctors and they didn't come yet. I figured they were on their way.

Whether I wanted to or not. I still love him. I will always love him. I will always protect him, and the paparazzi can talk as much shit about me as they want. But I don't care! All I care about is Sonic's love for me, and the paparazzi will never break us apart again.

A few minutes later Sonic was screaming bloody murder, the pain only got worse. So I called the doctors to come help again, fuck them for not coming when I called them before. Doctors had come in to see what was wrong. Finally!! They had told me I needed to leave. Honestly I didn't want to leave, but I was in no place to fight them. I started to walk away, but to their surprise, Sonic wouldn't let my hand go. They tried to pry him off me, but it didn't work. Focus on Sonic!! Not my damn hand!! After 5 minutes they finally gave up and let me stay.

The doctors had been looking at him for 10 minutes now. Sonic stopped screaming after they gave him some medicine. They still had no idea why Sonic had been in pain. They said to further understand his condition, they need to know what happened to him. The only thing is, I don't know what happened to him, and he doesn't remember. Or maybe he does, but doesn't want to tell us what happened.

"Sonic, don't lie to me, do you know what happened to you?"
"No, I honestly don't remember."
"How could you forget?"
"Honestly Shadow, I was too blinded by depression to even notice it happened. I remember feeling it, but I don't know how it happened."
"Sonic, If the doctors don't know what happened to you, then how do they know how to help you?"
"Exactly they don't."
"Why aren't you upset by that?! Do you want them to not help you?!"
"Kinda..."
"Why the fuck would you want that?!"
"I'D RATHER DIE THEN BE WITHOUT YOU!!!!"

Silence. That's all that could be heard. He'd rather die... He'd rather die than be without me. I had truly found someone who loved me, and who knew I'd be my rival. Who knew I would love my rival. Well, I know exactly who did. Fate.
                  That's who...