The Promise

Shadow's POV
I couldn't believe my eyes. Sonic stood before me, cuts on his arms with blood running from them into the sink. He held a razor in his hands, which is what he used to make the cuts. He looked at me with scared eyes. Eyes that reflected pain, sadness, and loneliness. I couldn't believe it, Sonic had cut himself.

As I stood there stunned, Sonic used this as a chance to get away. I snapped out of my thoughts when Sonic ran out of the bathroom and into his room. To his disappointment, I stopped him by picking him up.
"Shadow, what are you doing!! Let me go!!" He shouted fiercely
"No, not until you tell me why you did this"
"Why do you care!"
"Because I do, I'm your friend. That's what friends do, right?"
"I thought you didn't want to be friends because I'm gay"

I put Sonic down on the bed (no dirty thoughts) and held him close.
"Sonic, I've finally realized that you being gay, doesn't matter anymore. You are who you are, I'm not going to change that."
"So does that mean we're friends"
I only nodded. Sonic kept struggling to get out of my grasp, until he stopped realizing I was crying.

Sonic's POV
Oh my freaking god!! I made Shadow cry, but why was he crying over me. Once I heard him crying, I stopped struggling. Now I realize why he was hugging me.
"Uh...Shadow...you okay?"
He didn't answer he just kept crying.
"Shadow, we're friends now. Why are you crying? Did I do something wrong?"
Finally he answered me.
"Your arms..."
I looked down seeing the cuts, still bleeding a river.
"Oh..."
I was speechless. Shadow was crying because I cut myself. I thought he didn't care.
"I thought you didn't care..."
Before I could finish Shadow cut me off, letting me go before yelling...
"WELL I DO CARE!! I CARE ALOT, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU COULD DO THIS!!!"
After that statement he buried his head in his arms and cried harder. I couldn't help myself but ask
"Do you like me?"
"...yes..."
Shadow said it so quietly, I could barely hear it. I couldn't believe it. All this time I had been sad because he hated me, and now he shares my feelings.

Before I could think anymore, Shadow leaned towards me and kissed me. I kissed him back. I knew I loved him, and I would try to stay with him so he would never lose me. I don't want to be like Maria. I don't want him to loose me. So I tell him.
"I promise to myself and to you, that you'll never loose me"
Now the challenge is if I can keep that promise...