The Last Summer

Sunday August 2nd of 2015
---------------------------------------------------

NO PARTICULAR POV

Piper laughed, pushing her hair out of her multicoloured eyes. Jason hugged her from behind as Leo and Calypso approached them hand in hand. Percy and Annabeth chased an unwilling Nico di Angelo; the Smart Water couple were chastised by Reyna, who was being backed up by Hazel. Will wrapped his arms around a grumbling Nico while Frank watched, amused.

The demigods lay on the grass. This was it. This was the last time the author was writing a one shot for this book. "You know," Hazel mused, "I think that's for the best."
Nico scowled. "Definitely for the best. I've had enough torture. Too many people trying to get in my pants."

Will snuggled closer to him. "Mm. My Nico."
"It's certainly been a bumpy ride." Annabeth noted. "Considering everything that's happened."
Piper laughed. "Understatement. It's been more than bumpy. It's been spiky. It's been jagged."
"It's been a roller coaster." Jason added.

"But we're still together, aren't we?" Hazel smiled, eyes glowing brightly. "We always stuck together through the darkest of times."
"Sure we've had a few arguments and disputes-"
"More than a few," Leo mumbled.
Frank rolled his eyes. "We've had more than a few arguments but here we are, people writing about us."

Reyna smiled. "Who'd have thought it? Romans and Greeks. I for one would rather obliterate than never live this, with all of you."
"I would never give Annabeth up, not for the world." Percy whispered. Annabeth kissed his cheek and lay her head on his chest.

"And I'm finally free!" Calypso piped up. Her lips curved up in a joyous smile. "After centuries, millenias, I'm finally part of the living, breathing, aging, moving world!"
Leo laughed. "I intend to show you all of it."
Calypso turned her eyes towards him. "My hero,"
Leo's eyes softened as he smoothed back Calypso's hair."

"What about you?" Piper asked Jason as she pushed his glasses up his nose. Jason looked thoughtful. "I'm extremely lucky." He said. "I'm thankful that Hera stole my memories. Otherwise I'd have never found Thalia again, or would have met any of you."
Piper caressed his face. "Sometimes I wonder what life would have been like if I never knew I was a demigod. I'm extremely glad it didn't lead to that. I can't settle for the mortal world anymore. Not when I have all of this and all of you."

Nico rolled his eyes. "I'm going to die by drowning in this sappiness."
Reyna nudged him. "You like it really."
Nico buried his face in Will's neck. Reyna smiled. "If all of this didn't happen, I would've never found a new home."

Voice muffled, out came the words "And I'd have never found a new family." Nico peeked out. "I would forever be trapped in the Lotus Hotel, being alive but not living." Reyna entwined her fingers through Nico's. "Now you have all of us."

"I found family too." Leo's eyes were reminiscent. "I lost my mother. I was called a devil by my aunt who wanted nothing to do with me. I was alone. Now I have two best friends who treat me like their love child, friends who cried for me and a beautiful girlfriend who is a literal goddess." Calypso smiled at him and kissed his hand."

"You drool in your sleep." Annabeth poked Percy's cheek affectionately. "That's the one of the first things I told you." Percy tickled her playfully until she retracted her finger. Then he thread their fingers together. "I was 12. We were 12. I don't think anyone expected us to survive this long. But we have, together. My mom struggled for me and now she can live life in peace. I have amazing friends and an extraordinary girlfriend who are willing to die for me." Annabeth looked at him with eyes full of promise. "I will always be with you seaweed brain."

Percy tipped his head up to the sky. He came so far. They all did.

They were the Heroes of Olympus.