And The Prank War Starts

Disclaimer: I went to the hospital to see if there was a mix up at birth. Apparently not, so, therefore, I am NOT Rick Riordon, the myth master. Check out his blog.

--------------------------------------------------

Percy's POV

This. Meant. War.

All this week, his friends had been complaining about the pranks they'd received from the Hermes cabin. Grover found ants in his enchiladas. Annabeth's pen had invisible ink. Whenever Piper looked in her mirror, she'd see a gorgon. Leo had to chase after a 'malfunctioning' Festus. Percy remained unaffected.

Until today.

"PERSEUS JACKSON!" A voice boomed across camp. Percy scrambled out of bed, abandoning his nap. Rushing out of his cabin with Riptide in his hands, his eyes swiveled around for the intruder. Instead he found a sea of laughing campers. He was confused until he realized he was only wearing a pair of boxers that were adorned with various characters from The Little Mermaid. "PUT MORE CLOTHES ON!" The voice boomed again. Percy turned an accusing stare towards a blonde haired girl holding a megaphone. Emily Castellan.

Famous for choosing her deceased half brother's name, she was a girl with reputation. Her face had almost the exact scar look had, but in her case it didn't ruin the constant mischief that twinkled in her Hermes blue eyes. Her right leg was fashioned out of celestial bronze after she lost it in the Battle of the Labryinth; naturally it didn't slow her down. Percy remembered her vaguely as the girl who had lead the snowball attack. Even with a prosthetic leg, she was unaturally fast, like her siblings.

Right now she was on all fours, laughing so hard she was choking.

.............

Annabeth slammed her fist down on the table. "So we all agree? We all know what to do?" Percy had joined their plot for revenge after the boxers incident. They didn't bother asking the Nemesis cabin for advice because they'd probably suggest death. Instead, they plan to smear ice cream and other substances in the Hermes cabin beds. Apparantley, metal dragons do use the toilet, just not like normal animals.

............

Morning came, the sun shining clear through the windows of Cabin Three. Percy rubbed his eyes, tired, until he remembered. He grinned as he showered and dressed, anticipating the result of their prank.

At breakfast, the usual chatter of birds, dryads and demigods were drowned out by the complaining of the Hermes cabin and the laughter of the onlookers. They were in pjamas, covered in gunk that had set to their clothes. And judging by the glare they sent Percy, Annabeth, Piper and Leo, they knew EXACTLY who had done it. Travis and Conner looked furious to be out-pranked but Emily...

Emily's look was one of a person in deep, calculating thoughts. A slow smile spread on her face and lit it up like a child with chocolate.

Uh oh.

.................

Man, Clarisse sure was strong.

Chiron had asked them to demonstrate sword fighting for the younger demigods and the new comers. Clarisse was grinning like a predator in for the kill. She swung her sword at Percy's head and he ducked. He jabbed at her shoulder which she avoided. They continued like this until someone announced it was dinner time.

He met the others at his table, not caring about the rules that said you have to be seated with your cabin members. Every now and then, the Hermes kids would send them evil glares and knowing smiles. Percy gulped and avoided their gazes, as did the others.

They were planning to meet up outside the Hermes cabin to apologize and hopefully avoid further 'surprises'. They looked at the door nervously. Just as Piper was about to knock, a loud klaxon blared through camp. The four looked at each other panicked. They turned- and tripped over a thin wire. They rolled over and over and over through a sticky substance that was honey- at least Percy hoped it was honey. When they stopped, they stood up groaning rubbing their heads and necks. "NOW!" They looked up but it was too late.

A cloud of feathers rained on their bodies, enveloping them completely. Percy heard the uproarious laughter of onlookers and peered to see the entire Hermes cabin infront of them taking pictures. At the head of the group was Conner, Travis and Emily. She winked.

"You can't beat a Hermes kid." She said with a grin.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm annoyed that today's the last day of Christmas holidays. School's tommoro so I might not update as quick with homework and all but I'll try.

And a HUGE, MASSIVE thanks to everyone who's read and voted and commented this story. I swear, you have nooooooooo idea how happy you've made me!

Check out the girl I dedicated this too. She is, in fact, Emily Castellan.

-InsecureAngle