Chapter 3-The academy

The picture is the Hyūga clan's symbol (like the Uzumaki swirl or Uchiha fan)

___________________________

Izanami

Five years had passed since i was born.. For the second time.
I am excited because tomorrow i start the academy, finally getting to meet Sasuke-kun!
I had created an unbreakable bond with Neji, we trained together still every day and after Hizashi died.. Well i was devastated.
I knew it was coming, and i couldn't do anything to prevent it.
Neji's hatred towards the main family grew every day.
As did mine. I understood the circumstances, i did, but i couldn't stop my feelings.
In my time here i had realised something very important, this was not just an anime.
That thought occurred when Hizashi died, and i was sad, crying.
These people were not just tv characters anymore.
My hair has grown and now just slightly passed my shoulders, it was not yet that long.
I used my bangs to hide my cursed seal, and i've kept training my Byakugan.
When the rest of the Hyūga clan learned of the fact that i have Byakugan in only one eye, they changed the way they look at me.
The main branch mocks me, saying i won't achieve true potential with only 180° of vision, but Hiashi knows better.
He for a fact knows that i was strong, he saw my potential, but he did not admit it.
Aside from the mockery, Neji and i were known as the prodigy kids from the lesser branch.
They mock me, but they know i was going to be stronger then them..
And Hinata.. Hinata was as gentle as always.
We did not have many encounters, aside from training.
Miki would still only speak to me when she thought me something or prepared my meals.
The only person i could trust now was Neji.
I heard the knock on my front door, and since Miki had went to the store i rushed to open it, already knowing who it is.
"Hello Neji." I greeted with a smile as my cousin entered the house.
"Izanami, you are starting the academy tomorrow, you will be in class with lady Hinata." Neji said, annoyance lacing his voice.
"Correct, Neji don't worry about me." I sat next to him on the couch.
His eyes softened when he caressed my cheek.
"I care about you, please don't get in any unnecessary trouble." My cheeks tinted pink before i nodded.
Soon Miki came home, Neji left, and i went to bed.. Anxious to start the academy the next day.
.
.
Morning

The day is finally here!
I already prepared what i will wear today.
I smiled as i stared at my reflection in the mirror.
I was not short nor tall, my guess is Sakura's height.
My straight and black hair ended slightly pass my shoulders, and i had bangs all the way over my eyebrows.
There was a chin length strand of hair framing my face on each side of it, also cut evenly.
My hair was nice, silky soft and had a shine, i took good care of it.
I had beautifully shaped, pale, slightly lavender coloured eyes of a Hyūga with thick eyelashes.
I had a small button nose, high cheekbones and naturally plump and rosy lips.
Thank you god for i was a beauty!
And the outfit i prepared, it was a knee length lilac kimono with a very dark purple sash tied in a bow under the clan symbol which was white and sewn on my back.
My hair was let down, a cherry blossom flower clip by my left ear.
I wore dark purple ninja sandals, dark like Hinata's hair!
Miki bought them for me, noticing my liking towards the colour.
I nodded in approval for my look before heading into the kitchen.
"Good morning Miki-san." I greeted the young Hyūga as she put two plates of food on the table.
"Good morning, Izanami." She sat and already started eating.
I quickly finished my breakfast before leaving the house with excitement.
I skipped my way to the end of the compound and waited patiently for Neji.
He will take me to the academy, to show me where it is and then move on to his class for older kids.
"Ready to go?" I heard his voice and eagerly nodded my head.
He chuckled at my behaviour.
I grabbed his hand before going off in the way of the academy.
"The other way.." Neji tried containing his laughter as he dragged me to the opposite way.
I pouted as we made small talk all the way there.
When we approached i heard a lot of people talking, and now when the academy came into view, so did a bunch of exited kids with their parents.
I looked through the familiar crowd.. Shikamaru.. Sakura.. Sasuke!
I silently squealed, hoping Neji didn't notice before i recomposed myself and stared at Sasuke-kun.
He was with his family, parents, Itachi and some other black haired man.
Neji dragged me through the crowd and all the way into the classroom i was to be in.
"Izanami i will be late to my class, this is your classroom, i'll pick you up later, bye!" Neji was already walking away..
Oh gosh!
I started jumping up and down in happiness at seeing Sasuke-kun!
I can't believe it!
"Believe it!"
"No i really can't!" I squealed before coming to a stop.
Wait what?
I turned my head to the classroom, ohh Naruto was inside!
Probably because he didn't have parents to say goodbye to outside...
It looks like he was practising introducing himself.
I giggled before deciding to enter the classroom.
Naruto blushed in embarrassment, probably knowing i heard him.
I made my way to the seat next to the window one, hoping Sasuke will sit in his usual place.
"Ahh hi there! My name is Uzumaki Naruto! Believe it!" Naruto grinned at me as i turned to him.
I should be friends with him..
He is cute, i mean Sasuke-kun is the best, but Naruto seems like a good future friend.
Alright!
"Hello Naruto-san, i am Hyūga Izanami, nice to meet you." I offered my hand for him to shake and he eagerly took it.
Our little encounter was interrupted when kids started entering the class, and along with them Iruka-sensei.
All the students scrambled across the classroom, finding the seat they most like.
I looked around a couple of times before finally finding my cute Sasuke-kun.
He has yet to take a seat.
He finally turned to look at the windows and i quickly averted my gaze, putting on a serious face and staring out the window, i made sure to make the empty seat noticeable.
From the corner of my eye i saw him walking over.
Yes..yes.. Come here!
No shoot!
He sat next to some other kid in front of me.
Damn it!
Alright missed this chance.. Now i have to pique his interest with a good introduction.
Finally everyone has sat down, and the classroom became silent when Iruka-sensei cleared his throat.
"Hello kids, my name is Iruka, i will be your sensei until you graduate from the academy. I hope we all get along well for the next few years. Now how about we all introduce ourselves? Who wants to go first?" Iruka smiled at the class before everyone raised their hands.
Well almost, Shikamaru, Sasuke, Hinata hadn't.
Iruka sighed before pointing at the blonde haired boy in the first row.
"We will start from here." Iruka said as the boy grinned and stood up.
"My name is Masaki Sora! I like spicy food and challenges! My dream is to become a great ninja i guess." He introduced himself, his tone a little questionable at the end.
Hm.. I do not know of this character.. He must be one of those unimportant ones who never passed the genin test.
The students kept saying similar things before it was Sakura's turn.
"Uh my name is Haruno Sakura" she started shyly "I like flowers.. And well.." She glanced at Sasuke-kun with a blush before Iruka motioned for the next student with a sigh.
Oh no you don't Sakura! I'm taking him!
Oh sheesh i truly am an obsessed fangirl...
Well all the rookies had their typical introduction, as i had expected it to be, Kiba about Akamaru, Shikamaru being lazy, Chōji about food, Ino hinting at Sasuke-kun, Hinata being shy and fiddling her fingers , Shino being mysterious and so on...
And soon enough it was finally my turn!
All eyes turned to me as i stood up.
I glanced at Sasuke, and he was staring curiously at me as well. Yes!
"Nice to meet you, i am Hyūga Izanami, i like cherry blossom flowers and sweet dango. My dream for the future is to" marry Sasuke-kun "change my clans ways and protect my village." I finished my introduction.
Honestly, i did not lie, i truly wish for what i said.
The class was silent, Iruka as well.
A few boys blushed, including the blonde boy who introduced himself first, probably at my appearance and gentle voice.
My cheeks turned pink at the attention and my hear beat sped up.
I nervously sat down, meanwhile stealing a glance at Sasuke.
He was not blushing.
Why?! I did everything right!
Well at least he paid me some attention, he was staring at me, curiosity in his eyes.
I saw a ghost of a smile before he turned back to Iruka.
Uh he must have caught me staring...
"Alright next." The students kept introducing themselves and i awaited Sasuke's words.
Now that i think about something.. My name was Izanami.
Izanami as the Sharingan technique from the Uchiha clan, the one Itachi used.
My train of thoughts was cut of by his lovely voice.
"My name is Uchiha Sasuke, i dislike sweets and like tomatoes, my goal is to become a strong ninja like my big brother."
That voice melted my heart.
Along with apparently all of the other girls too.
Aside from Hinata of course.
Inside of me i swooned but on the outside i was poker faced.
I stared at his back as he sat down.
His head turned in my direction, if only for a split second, but he glanced at me.
I am pretty sure my heart almost escaped my chest.
And i was not delusional, i knew when he glanced at me, or when he glanced at someone in my direction.
I wasn't a typical fangirl to believe that he loves me because i love him.
The rest of class was spent on introductions and small talk, and now it was time for lunch.
Everybody ran out with their lunch boxes, and i slowly took out mine, deciding to eat in the classroom.
The fangirls will probably attack Sasuke-kun with questions now.. I better not be among them.
I stared outside the window as my guess was right, the girls already chased him on his first day.
Sasuke already escaped from them and i turned away, attention on my rice balls.
Just as i bit into one i heard his voice.
"Ah you're not chasing me are you?" It was slightly panicked and i quickly swallowed the oiece before turning to Sasuke-kun.
"Don't worry, i'm just eating here." I nervously smiled when he sighed in relief.
He sat in his seat in front of me and took out a rice ball, similar to mine.
He suddenly chuckled while looking at me.
"W-what?" I blushed at his smiling face.
"Izanami right? You have a little something.." He pointed to my lips as i blushed in embarrassment noticing the piece of rice stuck there.
"Thanks! Uchiha-san right?" I pretended not to be sure with a smile.
"Yeah." He proceeded with his meal.
We ate our lunch in silence before the students slowly piled back in.

Third view

Sasuke thought it was cute.
How a piece of rice was stuck in the corner of her mouth, and how she blushed in embarrassment.
And yes, he admitted to himself, she was the prettiest girl he had ever seen.
Well he was only five, it was an innocent train of thought, but wanted to keep staring at her, her gentle appearance somehow made him feel safe, at home.

Izanami

The academy soon ended, to my disappointment.
I Wanted to make friends, but this was only the first day, there's more to come!
I patiently waited for Neji in front of the academy as all the other kids parents came for them, Hiashi-sama was there for Hinata.
"Izanami, how was the first day?" I heard Neji's voice and turned to him.
"Neji! It was very fun! I missed you!" I hugged my cousin before we walked through the crowd and the familiar way home.
.
.
.
The first week of the academy had passed.
I've only made small talk with the other students but i didn't make a friend yet..
Sasuke-kun greeted me usually with a nod, but not much conversation, hence he was running from the fangirls.
I've noticed Ino and Sakura have already bonded in the flower arranging class so i've though to myself..
Who should i befriend?
Ino and Sakura, i consider them my rivals in love, Hinata is too shy, and honestly i kind of think it would be better to just naturally bond with her over time, Shino was too reserved, and i don't really like bugs.
Kiba seemed nice, but too arrogant, so i've decided on going for Shikamaru and Chōji.
Maybe Naruto, but i can't do that yet, it's Iruka-sensei who has to acknowledge him first.
Hey maybe even that blonde guy who i never saw in the anime.
So now, it's lunch break once again and i am making my way to where i saw Shikamaru watching clouds.
I see he still has yet to become friends with Chōji.
When i got close enough i decided to speak up.
"Hello, Nara-san?"
Shikamaru opened one eye, glancing at me.
"How troublesome.. Hyūga Izanami?" He sat up with a sigh.
"Yes, i'm sorry for disturbing you, i wanted to ask may i sit next to you? I would like to eat in peace, but it's too loud everywhere else." I questioned while he was stretching.
"Sure, i don't mind, you seem nice anyways." He patted the spot next to him as i happily took a seat.
"Thank you! Would you like some sushi?" I offered opening my lunch box.
"Call me Shikamaru.. No need for those formalities, and that's okay i'm not that hungry." He smiled before yawning.
How can someone be this lazy is beyond me...

_____________________________________