Chapter 9-Land of Waves

Third point of view

"The cat's getting what it deserves!" Naruto chuckled pointing at a squished Tora in a lady's arms.
"No wonder he ran away..." Sakura commented with a sigh.
"For squad seven's next mission we have several available tasks... Among them are babysitting the chief counselors  three year old, helping his wife do the shopping, digging up sweet potatoes- " Before the third Hokage got to finish his sentence Naruto loudly cut him off.
"NOO! I wanna go on a real mission! Something challenging and exciting, not chores! Come on old man!" he yelled making an X sign with his hands.
Sasuke sighed, but mentally agreed with his loud teammate, while Sakura was showing clear annoyance with him.
I knew this was coming... He's so predictable... Kakashi thought in desperation.
"How dare you! You're just a brand new genin with no experience! Like everyone else you start with simple missions to improve yourself!" Iruka yelled in anger, standing up from his sitting position next to the Hokage.
Naruto only yelled back before Kakashi hit him on the head with his fist.
"Will you put a lid on it" He asked, well demanded.
"It seems you do not understand the tasks you have been given." The Hokage told Naruto as he whined on the floor in pain.
The said blonde looked up at the Hokage and shut up while letting him speak.
"Listen, many different kinds of requests come in to our village every day, from babysitting to assassinations. These requests are carefully recorded, analyzed then ranked A, B, C or D, depending on their difficulty. We ninja are also ranked by ability: Hokage, Jonin, Chunin and Genin at the bottom. At the highest level we sent missions to the ninja of the appropriate skill and experience, and if the mission is successful we receive a fee that supports our village and our work. Since you are fresh genin, just starting down the shinobi path, you are given D level assignments." Hokage blabbed in while smoking his pipe and pointing some things out in a couple of scrolls.
When he finished his speech he only noticed Naruto was sitting cross-legged, on the floor, his teams full attention on him.
"So i had this miso ramen yesterday, and i'm thinking tankatsu ramen today..." Before he could finish Hokage yelled in frustration.
"Silence!" Only now did the whole team turn to him, while Kakashi sheepishly scratched the back of his head, apologizing with a closed eye smile.
"I-I'm sorry."
"I am sorry for my teammate's rudeness and behaviour , Hokage-sama." Izanami bowed politely, speaking monotonely as the Hokage smiled sadly at the girl.
This village has put her through so much..
At least Sasuke and Izanami are quiet, with Sakura and Naruto i sure am happy i have those two brooding kids.. Kakashi thought with a sigh.
Hn, she is being really respectful.. She's always so on guard.. Why? Sasuke narrowed his eyes in thought.
Naruto turned around, still in his sitting position and pointed at the Hokage accusingly.
"Gah you always lecture me old geezer! I'm not the little brat who used to pull pranks all the time, i'm a ninja now and i want a ninja mission, ttebayo!" he finished, waiting for the response.
"I'm going to hear about this later.." Kakashi sighed defeated.
Iruka and the Hokage started chuckling while looking at Naruto.
"Naruto wants us to know that he's not a brat. He's a former brat, and he want's a mission, so be it." As the Hokage spoke, Naruto got an excited glint in his eyes and immediately jumped up in happiness.
Sasuke raised his head, widening his eyes as well while Sakura slightly gasped.
Izanami only stayed silent, already knowing this was going to happen.
"Since you are so determined, i am going to give you a C ranked mission. You will be bodyguards on a journey." The Hokage told them while blowing smoke from his pipe.
"Yes! Who who? A princess? A feudal lord?! Tell us old man!" Naruto jumped up and down in excitement.
"Don't be so impatient, i will bring him in now." Sarutobi chuckled and ordered to some chunin to send in the visitor.
As squad 7 was looking at the door in anticipation, the door slammed open by a drunk old man.
"What the- A bunch of snot-nosed kids?!" He grunted with his raspy voice, taking a gulp of his sake, a few drops sliding down his beard.
Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke could only look at the man in confusion as he finished gulping down the alcoholic drink.
"And you, the little one, with the stupid look on your face. You really expect me to believe you're a ninja?" He pointed, while Naruto laghed.
"Who's the little one with a stupid look?" He asked obliviously, while his team sweat-dropped and moved closer to him to point out that he is in fact the shortest one there.
Sasuke was the tallest, Sakura and Izanami were the same height and Naruto was shorter than all of them.
"Ah you old geezer! I'll demolish you!" He yelled as Kakashi held him back by his shirt.
"You can't demolish the client Naruto, it doesn't work that way." He scolded boredly.
"I am Tazuna, a master bridge builder, i expect you to get me to my country safely even if it means giving up your life, i am building a bridge there that will change our lives." The drunk client peered at the squad through his half closed eyes.
The team nodded in response.
"Okay, squad 7, gather your equipment, meet at the gates in two hours." Kakashi announced while disappearing out of the room.
"Hai." Izanami said and disappeared while the others simply stared at the smoke left behind.
"Now that's professional.." Tazuna commented.
The other three ran out of the room excitedly, all going to their houses to pack different things.
Sakura clothes, Sasuke weapons, and Naruto ramen cups and a few shurikens here and there.