Chapter 10-Momochi Zabuza

"This fog is thick. You can't see anything."
Sakura commented with  scrunched eyebrows as she sat next to Sasuke on a little boat that was  getting her team and Tazuna to the other side.
"The bridge isn't far now. Our destination is just ahead, the Land of waves."
The boat rower announced in a hushed voice.
Team 7 soon saw the big bridge that Tazuna had yet to finish and Naruto gasped in amazement.
"Whoa! It's huge!"
He yelled out making the rower turn to him annoyed.
"Do not yell! We are rowing and not using a motor for a reason!"
He yelled at Naruto who only nodded his head quickly.
"Tazuna-san, before we reach the peer, i want to ask you something."
Kakashi turned to the bridge builder who only stayed quiet.Kakashi  took it as a sign to continue.
" The men who are after you.. I need to  know why. If you don't tell us, i am afraid that we'll have to end this  mission when we drop you ashore."
He finished seriously.
"I  have no choice but to tell you, no i want you to know the truth."
Tazuna  replied, finally raising his head to look at the curious team.
"Like  you said, this is beyond the scope of the original mission. The one who  seeks my life is a very powerful man, who cast a long and deadly  shadow."
Tazuna started explaining, as Kakashi questioned about the  shadow.
"I'm sure you've heard his name before, he's one of  the wealthiest men in the world, the shipping magnet Gato."
Kakashi rose  an eyebrow at Tazuna's words.
"Gato of Gato transport? He is a business leader, everyone knows him."
Kakashi said surprised.
"Who who?"
Naruto asked not getting anything, right before getting bonked on the head by Sakura so Tazuna can keep explaining.
"Gato  is a very powerful tycoon from a famous company, that's true, but below  the surface with the same ruthless methods he used to take over  businesses he sells drugs and terrorizes, using gangs and ninja.It  was one year ago, when Gato first set his sight on the Land of waves,  he came to our island and used his wealth to take total control of our  transport and shipping. Anyone who tried to stand in his way, simply  disappeared. In an island nation, a man who controls the sea controls  everything; finance, government, lives... But there's one thing he fears  ; the bridge. When it is complete, it will connect us to the land and  that will break his control."
Tazuna explained with sorrow in his voice  before he determinedly raised his head.
"I am the bridge builder."
He finished as team 7 looked at him in understanding.. well all except for Naruto.
"And since you're in charge of the bridge, you're standing in this  gangsters way."
Sakura concluded as Sasuke turned to his three comrades.
"That means that those guys we fought in the forest were working for Gato."Izanami and Sasuke said at the same time.
"I don't understand, if you knew he was dangerous, knew he'd send  ninja to eliminate you, why did you hide that from us?"
Kakashi  questioned.
"Because the Land of waves is a small and poor  nation, even our nobles have little money, the common people who are  building this bridge, they can't pay for an A or B ranked mission. If  you end the mission when you drop me ashore, there will be no bridge,  they will assassinate me before i reach home. Don't feel bad about that!  Of course my sweet little grandson will be upset, he'll cry 'Grandpa! I  want my grandpa!' Oh, and my daughter will condemn the ninja of Konoha  for abandoning her father and living in sorrow.. Ah well, it's not your  fault, forget it."
Tazuna whined and with each word he spoke the teams  eyes narrowed.
They were totally being guilt-tripped.
"Well... I guess we have no other choice. We'll have to keep guarding you."
Kakashi said like it's the most obvious thing.
"Ohh,  i'm very grateful!"
Tazuna kindly said, but even a fool would notice  how he turned around and made a peace sign, saying "I win suckers!"
"Ahh.. we got guilt-tripped by the drunk geezer."
Izanami mushroom-sighed and Sasuke sighed.
.
.
.
Meanwhile-Konoha, team Gai
.
.
.
.
.
"Whoa! Gai-sensei! As expected of such a sensei!" Rock Lee yelled out with stars in his eyes as his sensei finished sparring with his prodigy student, Hyuuga Neji.
"Thank you, my youthfull studend, Lee!" Gai cried anime tears before suddenly composing and turning to Neji again as Tenten sighed.
"So Neji, i heard the teams have been assembled, how did Izanami do?" Gai asked sparkling.
"She passed with the highest scores, she's been put on a team with three other genin." Neji stated, proudly.
"Ohhhh! This is just so youthfull! If there is four genin, that must mean she is on my eternal rival's squad!" Gai jumped aroung giddily as the team sighed.
"Who's Izanami?" Tenten asked.
"My little cousin.." Neji said with a gentle smile, slightly schocking his teammates, since they never witnessed such an expression on the Hyuuga boy..
.
.
.
Back to team 7
.
.
"That's as far as i go, good luck."
Team 7 got off from the boat as they arrived to the Land of waves coast.
"Okay. Take me home, and i mean get me there in one piece."
Tazuna lazily said as he started walking again.
"Right."
Kakashi answered as they followed the old man.
The next ninja they send won't be chuunin.. it'll be a jonin, an elite ninja with deadly skills...hmm.. Kakashi thought, getting his guard up.
Sasuke and Naruto were walk-racing each other in front of everyone and Sakura and Izanami walked next to each other.
"So, Izanami..." Sakura started , trying to make a conversation with the mysterious Hyuuga.
"Sakura." Izanami said blankly with a raised eyebrow.
"Uhh...do you have any siblings?" Sakura asked the first thing that popped up in her head.
Other members of team 7 slighlty perked their ears for an answer, aside from Sasuke.
"I have someone.. like a brother i guess." Izanami answered, thinking of Neji.
"Oh! I don't have any siblings." Sakura smiled.
I don't remember her having actual siblings.. Actually i don't remember her having parents at all! Sasuke thought when he got a flashback.
.
.
*A few years ago*
.
.