1- Life Was Good

Beep! Beep! Beep!
I slowly got up from my bed and walked to Henry's room. Today was going to be a busy day and I knew it. It always was busy for me. But I never lost hope on what tomorrow could bring.

"Henry, please get up its time to go get ready for school," I said quietly as to not wake up my parents.

"I don't want to go to school today!" He yelled poking out one of his big blue eyes that were similar to mine.

"Henry! Be quiet you'll wake up mum. I mean mom and dad. Now please wake  up, or we'll both be in serious trouble," I begged my seven year old brother.

"Fine," he huffed. He stormed off his bed and made a beeline for the bathroom.

Great.

I thought to myself. This mornings going good so far.

After making sure Henry was taken care of, I went to my room and got ready. When I was done doing my morning routine, and getting dressed I looked at myself in the mirror, a smile on my face.

What did I see in the mirror exactly?
I saw a girl with big icy blue eyes, and beautiful dark brown hair. I looked at the multiple bruises covering my body.

That reminds me

I took my jacket from a nearby chair, and covered the bruises on my face with makeup. I had become an expert at it from watching so many videos on YouTube.

"Beatrice!" I heard Natasha yell from the bottom of the stairs. Natasha's my mom by the way. She just doesn't want me calling her that unless we're in front of other people.

"Coming!" I yelled, as I sprinted down the stairs grabbing my book bag as well.

I entered the kitchen to find that Henry was dressed and ready for school. Which was good or else I'd be in some serious trouble.

"Finally. I don't know what the hell took you so long," Natasha said as she made lunch for Henry. I gasped silently from her language.

"I apologize," I said as I took my seat.

"You'll be picking up Henry from school today. I'm going to get my hair done. And I expect to see this house as clean as ever when I return. Understand?" She questioned raising a perfectly shaped eyebrow at me.

"Yes ma'am," I replied not looking at her in the eyes. She hated that.

"Good. Let's go Henry it's the first day back to school and you mustn't be late," she grabbed Henry and walked away.

"Mommy why don't you drop Beatrice off to school?" I heard Henry ask as they walked away.

"Because Beatrice doesn't deserve to be dropped off anywhere," was the last thing I heard her say before the door closed.

I exhaled in relief. A smile flew to my lips as I heard Natasha's car drive off. I ran out the house and ran about a mile before I reached Nicks home.

I rung the doorbell and there stood Nate.

Nathan Cooper. My best friend since we moved from England to Miami. Which by the way was nine years ago. His bright green eyes captivated me momentarily before he began to speak.