13- Are You?

"Hello?" I said picking up my phone, getting ready to go to school. My parents and Henry would be coming back today and I was excited.

"Bea!" I held the phone away from my ear when I heard Justin's screaming. He was someone else.

"Hi, Justin." I picked up my bookbag from my chair and stared at myself in the mirror one last time. I was wearing normal black jeans, and a blue plaid shirt that made my eyes pop out. With the classic black converse.

"Are you coming to school or what?" He asked over the phone. I laughed to myself, enjoying his enthusiasm on a Monday morning.

In the background of the phone I heard shuffling and profanity being thrown left and right. "Bea!" I knew that voice from anywhere.

"Hi Nate," I said looking down shyly as if I was standing in front of him.

"Don't ever let that idiot call you Bea. That's my thing," he said panting from fighting to get the phone.

I walked out the house making sure that everything was in perfect condition for when my parents returned. I entered my car and started the ignition, heading to school. "I think it could be a Justin thing too," I said not wanting to leave Justin out of the friendship.

"You people just love making me upset," Nate grumbled.

"Yes, yes we do," I heard Justin say in the background.

"Hurry up and get to school. We'll be waiting," Justin ended the phone call.

I laughed to myself once again. I couldn't remember the last time I felt happy. Like I finally was at peace with life.

I arrived to school to find everyone looking at me. Was there something in my hair? I touched it, making sure everything was in place. Everything felt alright. What was going on?

I walked to my locker to find a note waiting for me. I looked left and right wondering who put it there. I opened the note after some time.

Watch your back.
-J
Who was J and what did I do to them? Maybe it was the same person who came to my house the other day. But how would they get to my locker at school?

"Bea!"

I looked to the right of my locker to see a running Justin with a lopsided smile planted on his face. I put the note in my pocket before he saw it. "Who's this happy on a Monday?" I raised my hands in bewilderment.

"I am. I thought we established this," once he arrived he wrapped his arms around me causing me to blush furiously, and more people to look our direction.

It also didn't help that Nate was making his way over here. "Everyone's looking at you," I said once he reached me.

He nodded his head, a smirk playing at his lips. His soft, nice shade of pink lips...

What am I thinking?

"No, Bea they're looking at you."

"Oh," was all I could say. My past thoughts still replaying in my mind.

I don't have feelings for Nate. I don't have feelings for Nate. I don't have feelings for Nate. I don't have feelings for Nate.