3- You've Changed

2 years later

I never talked to Nate after that day. A lot had changed when he left.

The beatings got worst. It seemed my parents hit me for any reason. During sophomore year they found a more sufficient way of disciplining me. And it did the job nicely.

  I didn't have anyone to talk to. Unless you counted my rooms walls.

I got a car, on the bright side. But the only reason why was so that I could take Henry to and from school. I could also go to the library. I have a good feeling my parents have a tracking device I n it somewhere  to know where I am at all times.

I got bullied by the cheerleaders more and more. I was use to it by now. Getting hit, insulted, it was apart of my social identity I guess.

You could say I changed a little as well. Since I only really talked to my parents I learned to respect others, and forgive, and to think of how lucky I had it. At least I had a roof over my head, and food to eat. Even if I had to cook my own food.

"Beatrice!" I heard my mothers voice yell from downstairs. I walked down the stairs and found my mother sitting in the kitchen with my dad and Henry next to her.

"Yes Natasha?"

"What happened to that boy you always hanged with? Nick right?" She asked.

"His name is Nathan. And we no longer are friends. Have not been for awhile now," I responded thinking of the days I spent with Nate.

"I guess he realized your insignificance," my dad said casually sipping from his cup of coffee.

"I guess he did," I said agreeing with him.

"Anyways," my mom said trying to change the topic. "I didn't call you here to bask in the mess that is your life. Go get changed  I'm taking you to the mall," she said putting the dishes in the dishwasher.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. The mall? I've never been to the mall before. I don't even know what I'd do there. "Okay. I'll go prepare myself," I said running up the stairs.

  A major rule from my parents was to not go anywhere. I didn't go shopping, to parties. I o my went to school, pick Henry up, and go home.

"Okay, here's the deal," my mom began as we walked through the mall doors. "You will wear whatever I tell you to try on. And if I'm in a good mood, I'll let you buy two full outfits. Got it?"

"Yes, ma'am." She looked at me her eyes widening. "Okay, umm mom."

"Uh well you're quite the awkward ugly duckling," she said walking ahead of me to a store called H&M.

* * *

"Okay come out now." Mom said from the other side of the dressing room. I had been trying out clothes all day. It was weird being treated nicely. But I knew, I just always knew there was a reason to my parents discipline. They loved me. I knew they did.

I stepped out of the dressing room and stood in front of my mom. Her eyes widened in shock.

"Well look at that. You're actually pretty. Turn around and look at yourself." On cue I looked at myself in the mirror.

I didn't even realize the girl I spent my whole life looking at. I was wearing a floral crop top and contrasting royal blue skirt. I looked pretty. I never would show this much skin though.

"Blue is your color. It brings out those blue eyes of yours. They look just like your fathers," mom said standing beside me her face filled with sorrow.