17- Cowardly Lion

I never have been in the attic, every time I went to the direction I was soon pulled by the ear to my room. Those days I was just a little fetus who didn't listen to my mom and dad until they told me something twenty times.

  Now being in the room filled with paper among papers I understood why. The room needed some major cleaning. "Anyone find anything yet?" Justin asked below all the paper.

  Both me and Nate shook our head in disappointment.

  "Bills, bills, more bills... I FOUND SOMETHING!!!"

Justin yelled, moving his arms dramatically causing all the multiple papers to fly all over the attic floor.

  "What'd you find?" Me and Nate both walked to the part of the room where he sat and looked at the stack of paper in his hand.

He's getting married. Good for him, I hope his wife divorces his ass by the second month. Why does he always get to have the happy ending. Where the hell is mine I'll show him.

He's got straight A's once again. I would kill for him to once make a mistake. I wish the world could see how cruel he is.  How cruel he can be all the times. Then they'd see how perfect I truly am.

He won the spelling bee!!! Are you kidding me!?! The one thing I'm good at and he takes that away from me. Why am I always second place to him. At least I still have Eli. She'd never leave me for such an idiotic, stick up, no good bastard like him.

She's gone. The one I truly love gone and taken by him. She's all that I cared about, all that I loved. She's the one who kept me sane. Now she's gone, he took her. I'll never forgive him for this. I'll get him for this. If it means seeing red, so be it, I'm tired of not being second place to him.

  "Oh my gosh."

  "They're-"

  "Diary entries." Justin finished off. 

   I stood up trying to think of who he could be talking about.

  "The ladies name at the door was Elizabeth. Eli could be a nickname your dad had for her," Nate said pacing himself as he thought.

  "But who's the man he's constantly talking about throughout these things?" Justin asked, holding the diary entries up in the air.

  I continued pacing trying to piece everything together. I looked at a box that marked 'hospital visits' and somehow it just clicked.

  "My dad  has bipolar disorder." I said stopping the pacing. Both Nate and Justin looked at me confused.

  "Yeah it seems like it, but what does that have to do with anything?" Asked Nate.

  "Remember, Jessica said that he won second place to a spelling bee. The person who won first place has to be the person he's talking about. That same person took my dad's girlfriend, the lady at the door. And the letter we read from her must have been the man!!! The first place winner of the spelling bee. That's the person we're looking for!"

  Nate's eyes widened at the same time Justin dropped all the papers in his hands at once.

"Mind. Exploded."

  "Justin try to find out what school Beas dad went to in England. Then look for their first place spelling bee person, make sure the initials match the one from the letter," Nate said thinking up a plan.

  "On it captain," Justin said saluting Nate as he took out his phone and started typing away. "You're a genius." Justin said stopping what he was doing to look at me.