14- The Letter

"Is she dead?" I heard someone whisper above me.

Everything that had happened came rushing in my mind, giving me a headache. I jumped abruptly causing who ever was near to jump as well.

  "She's aliiiiiiiiiiive," someone joked. I knew that voice.

  I looked around trying to keep my eyes focused and found four bodies near me.

  "Good, you're awake," I looked at Nate confused. How'd he get in here?

  I looked behind him and found Henry, Jessica, and Justin behind him. Why were they all here?

  "My parents," I said realization dawning on me that the man that I thought was my father punched me in the face.

  I got up form tee floor and Nate quickly made sure that I didn't fall. "What about them?" Nate asked me.

  "You told them?" I looked at Jessica. It was more of a statement then question.

  "How'd you know?" She asked. She still looked to the ground never having eye contact with me.

    "They're your best friends."

  "What happened? We walked in and found you passed out," he looked at my eyes. "And why the hell do you have a black eye?"

  I touched my and winced painfully. He did punch me.

  "It's a bit of a confusing sorry," I said running my fingers through my hair.

  "We've got time." Justin said leaning on the wall.

"Yeah, we've got time." I looked at my little brother trying to mock Justin's movement.

We weren't related at all. Maybe that's why my parents always treated Henry better then they did to me. I loved him. I would always love Henry, but how would I ever explain all of this. I didn't even understand this myself. I practically raised him since my parents were always going somewhere.

"Henry, please go to your room."

He grumbled to himself and rolled his eyes in annoyance. "I never get to do anything in this house," he yelled as he walked up the stairs to his room.

When I heard the door slam close I began to speak again.

"Okay, well it all began with this lady coming to the house the other day..."

* * *
  "Wow..."

  "Woah..."

  "Well ain't that shit..."

  I had finished telling them the story of everything that had happened so far.

  "So who do you think the lady is?" Nate asked me. He looked the most shaken up about all of this.

  "I don't know, all I know is that once he read the letter from her he went ballistic."

  "Well that's the first step," Justin said standing up enthusiastically. I didn't know that was possible, but anything is possible with Justin.

  "What's the first step?" Jessica asked. I knew deep in my heart I forgave her for all that she did. How could I not. I always find it difficult to not forgive someone.

  "Find out what was on that letter!" He smiled showing all of his teeth, quickly brightening the rooms dull tone.

  "Well I left it in my parents room."

  We all walked upstairs to my parents room. It was a warm neutral theme with a gigantic bed in the center of the room. A gold chair was placed near a window. A flat screen tv in from of the bed, bathroom to the side, and a humongous walk-in closet.