5- Party Life

I entered Nate's house, remembering every little thing from when we were younger.

The family portraits. His moms flowers. His younger brother yelling in the distance as he angrily played Call of Duty. "Just like I remember," I said to myself.

"What was that?" Nate asked.

"Your house hasn't changed. At all," I said following him to the stairs.

"People change," Nate said sadly. Opening the door to his room.

People change indeed.

I thought, once I entered his room. When I used to hang out with Nate, his room was filled with singing posters, quotes, and band posters like the Beatles, and Nirvana. Now his room was in one word: sports.

Football posters, everywhere. And he painted his room green. Last time I was here it was blue. Messier than I remember. "You changed everything in your room."

Changes or not, his room was still as huge as I had remembered. Just like mine. I saw his bigger than big closet that was packed with clothes. I saw a separate closet filled with all his shoes and SnapBacks. I don't remember him wearing SnapBacks.

"Is that a bad thing?" He questioned a 'flirty' glint in his eye.

I stood by the door, and stared at him. And stared at him. He finally dropped the smirk he had. And there was silence. Until finally he asked, "why aren't you coming in?"

"You didn't tell me to," I said simply.

He laughed a little to himself. "You're joking right?"

I looked at him silently. "Why would I joke?"

"Wow," he said to himself.

He spoke to himself a lot. I studied.

"Why are you taking me to a party?" I asked him suddenly. My eyes shot wide open. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to question you."

'Please don't hit me. Please don't hit me.' I repeated in my mind.

"It's okay?" He said in a questioning manner. "I'm taking you to a party because I've never seen you at one. And they're lots of fun. Trust me you'll love it," he said confidently.

"I have to call my parents," I told him.

"Why?"

"To tell them we're going to a party," I said grabbing my phone from my pocket.

"Actually... Your parents don't need to know. Let's keep this between us?" He asked me. His green eyes shining with a flirtatious glint.

'He likes flirting.' I also noted.

"Okay," I said finally, putting my phone back into my pocket.

"Do you have anything to wear to the party?" He asked walking into his closet rummaging through clothes.

"I wasn't told we were going to a party," I said not knowing where to sit. He didn't tell me I could sit. That bed looks comfortable. I'll just stand.

"Then I guess we're going to have to go buy you something to wear," he said placing items of clothing on his bed.

"Let's go shopping!!!" Nate said enthusiastically grabbing my hand and dragging me out the door.

I stopped dead in my tracks.

"Don't EVER let ANYONE touch you!" My dads voice echoed through my ears.