9- She Always Knew

"It smells like children."
"Out of all the places."
  "What? Can't you people make better looking shoes?"

  "Jessie, I swear if one more thing comes out of your mouth, I will make sure to push you, when we get to the skating rink," Justin said as he effortlessly put on his roller skates and entered the oval-like place and start skating.

  I looked over at Bea who was putting her shoes on. She seems a bit nervous. "Do you know how to skate?" Jessie asked surprisingly as she put on her own roller skates.

  "No," she said shyly.

  "Don't worry. Idiot over there will show you," she said pointing to Justin.

  I looked at her in shock. That was the nicest thing Jessie said to Bea. That was the nicest thing she's said all day.

  "What?" She asked when she realized I was staring at her. "I told you I could be nice."

  "Come on Bea," Justin said grabbing her and bringing her up. The both of them slowly skated to the rink where Justin was showing Bea how to skate.

  "They'd make a cute couple," I turned my head to Jessie so fast, I think I dislocated a neck bone.

  "No they wouldn't," I disagreed. "Bea's really quiet, and Justin's really loud. They barely know each other, and it's not like Bea's gonna date anyone."

  Jessie looked at me, and I realized I shouldn't care if they date or not. I'm in a relationship, and I'm happy.

  "Take me and you for example. We've known each other for how long?" I said trying to fix my mistake.

  "Too little, too late," Jessica said rolling her eyes in annoyance. "Let's just skate," she said standing up on her skates, and dragging us into the skating rink.

Once we entered the rink you could see Bea, almost effortlessly skating around, with Justin close behind her.

"I thought you said you couldn't skate?" I asked shocked at how good she is.

She looked at me, a sheepish smile plastered on her face. "I didn't."

"I'm just that good of a teacher," Justin bragged catching up to us and grabbing Bea's hand.

Did he have to hold her hand? She could clearly skate by herself.

'Why do you even care?'

Bea yelped quietly (it made sense in my head, shut up) as Justin pulled her forward without warning. "Oh my gosh!' She yelled.

"It's okay. I got you," Justin responded to her scare.

I don't know what's wrong with me. Maybe it's the way Bea looked at Justin when he said that. Or maybe it's the way Justin smiled at Bea as he held her hand. I skated over there and before I know it, Justin was on the floor.

"What the hell!" Both Justin and Jessie yelled. I blinked back and realized what I had done.

"Oops," I said trying to play it cool.

"What the hell man? Why would you do that?" Justin asked as Bea helped him get back up from the floor.

"Yeah what's your problem? You just zoomed out of nowhere and pushed him," Jessie said.

"He was being too cocky," I said abruptly. The both of them stared at me as if I lost a head, while Bea looked like she knew the real reason.

Like she knew it was because I didn't want her to hold his hand. Like she knew I didn't want them together. She always knew.