11- Home Alone

Thank @Ghost_bird for the lovely banner. Sorry it took so long to credit you.
____________
It was an early Saturday morning so I did what anyone would do.

Watched throwback shows.

I think we all can agree that shows are not how they used to be. And for some reason, tv was one of the odd things I was always allowed to watch. I could watch as much tv as I wanted and my parents could care less.

Odd. I know.

It was eight o'clock in the morning on a Saturday morning, which is why I was surprised when Nates phone number popped up on my cellphone screen, in between watching Sonic X.

"Hello?" I asked making sure that I didn't see the number wrong.

"Who picks up the phone this early in the morning?" He said, not saying hello back.

"Who calls this early in the morning?" I questioned.

"Touché. So what are you doing?" He asked curiously. I sighed. I guess Sonic is going to have to wait.

"I'm watching Saturday morning cartoons."

"Where are your parents?"

"They went to Disney World with my brother. They won't be coming back until a couple of days-"

The other line suddenly went dead. "Hello...Nate?" He must've gotten bored talking to me, it's perfectly fine.

I locked my phone and continued to watch Sonic X. This show was just my favorite.

Minutes later there was a knock on my front door. I jumped in shock remembering what my dad had told me before he left. What if it's one of his 'eyes' he was talking about.

I slowly walked to the door and looked into the peep hole. Blonde hair...green eyes...

I opened the door in shock. "Nate, what are you doing here?" I felt at that moment pain, like I was going to have a heart-attack.

"Your parents aren't home, so I came to make a visit," he said his eyes shining in the morning sunlight.

"You can't. My dad said he's got eyes everywhere and I really can't afford to get in more trouble," I didn't want to sound mean but, I didn't want to die anytime soon. And if Nate was here again, I'm sure I would.

"Don't worry about that. I can fix all your problems Bea. I told you, I've got you now."

"I'm aware of that, but you don't-"

"Enough!" He raised his hand in a quick manner shutting me up instantly. "I heard you were watching Sonic X. So let the Saturday morning begin!"

What had God gotten me into?
* * *

"I'm bored."

"I'm sorry."

"Let's go out!"

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because-"

"Yeah, I know. Because 'my parents are bad people'," I rolled my eyes in pure amazement by this whole conversation.

"They're not bad people. They're just very protective of me," I said turning towards him.

"Why is that?" He asked curiously.

I raised my shoulders. "They've just always been like that."

He gets up from the couch closing the tv. "Let's go," he tells me an adventurous gleam in his eyes.