12- I Can Be Your Hero Baby

I've never been the laughing type, but spending time with Justin was slowly changing that about myself. Ever since Jessica and I 'talked' I had made sure to stay clear of Nate and her for the rest of the night. Anyways, Justin was great company.

"Stop. I can't breathe," I think that was the first time I ever told someone what to do.

"Can you two shut up!" Nate yelled from where he was sitting with Jessica watching a movie. He had been rather angry since I sat with Justin.

"Sorry," I said looking to the ground embarrassed. I shouldn't intrude their friendship. Who was I to them?

Nothing.

I checked my phone shocked to see the time. "Its 8:30," I voiced my thoughts.

"Yeah so," Jessica rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"I'm sorry Nate, but I need to go home." I had to be asleep by 9:30. I've been doing that since I was in elementary.

  My parents always made sure I was in my room by that time. Unless, well you know...

"What, do you have a bedtime or something?" Nate joked, Jessica joining him. "Grow up will you."

I looked away from him, embarrassed again. He still was laughing when I felt something deep in my heart. Something I hadn't felt since...never.

Anger.

I could feel my ears turn red as my heart clawed at my mind to let me feel. To let me express how I was feeling.

I exhaled lightly, slowly getting up and grabbing my phone.

"Dude stop being an ass!" Justin yelled.

"Justin please." I looked at Nate and his girlfriend the both of them showing the same expression: blank. "It's not their fault."

I began to walk away from the three. They sort of reminded me of the three musketeers, now that I think about it, and I was the person that nobody wanted to deal. The one breaking their bond. I softly closed the door as I quickly began to walk back home. Luckily for me, Justin lived in the same gated area as Nate and I.

"Bea wait!" I heard his voice call after me, but for once I didn't listen to what he had to say. "Bea!" He somehow caught up to me, grabbing my hand so I could be facing him. Eye to eye.

"Jeez, what's your problem?" He asked me.

He asked me.

I looked at him. Eye to eye. His green ones, my icy blues. His tall tanned skin a couple of inches away from him. "What's my problem? You! You're my problem. You practically force me to hang out with your friends and your girlfriend who hates me, and has threatened me more than once. The last time being minutes ago, and you didn't even realize, like you always did."

Inhale. Exhale.

"And then it hit me. You're not the same Nate I knew. You're the 'new and improved' the one who doesn't really care about my feelings. You're not the boy I was best friends with. You've changed. I hate it. You've changed. The worst part is, I have too. My parents already try to fix me as much as possible, I don't need someone undoing all their hard work."

Inhale. Exhale.

"I'm sorry Nate, but you're just not the guy I fell..."

Fell for. You're not the guy I fell for was what was about to be the end of the sentence in my mind. I saw his eyes widened a fraction and my quick brain skills saved my slip up.