Chapter 16

-Harry's POV-

"HARRRYYY WHERE DID YOU PUT MY PHONE?" The extremely annoying whiny voice pierced my ears. I let out a deep breath, reminding myself that I actually had to pretend to the like this girl.

"It's on the kitchen counter, right where you left it, babe." I said slowly and calmly. 

I heard her scoff and march into the kitchen. I plopped on the couch and buried my face in my hands, unsure of how much longer I could put up with Sydney. I had to like her. I had to. It was my only way to get over Charlotte. I had to forget about her, she obviously forgot about me. She wasn't answering my calls or texts, not even my dms on twitter. She shut me out, so I was forced to move on. 

I grabbed my phone from the table next to the couch and checked it, hoping for a notification from her. None. I unlocked my iPhone and stared at my background. It was a picture of Charlotte and I, when we only had a few days left with each other before I was forced to go back on tour. I was smiling at the camera, and Charlotte was making a silly face proudly wearing my snapback. I smiled to myself.

I loved this picture, even though it was horrible quality, due to the fact it was dark outside and the flash made everything ten times brighter. 

I felt a dip in the couch as Sydney plopped herself next to me and wrapped her arms around my waist. "You okay, Harry?" She asked with concern in her voice.

She really was a lovely girl, but nothing compared to Charlotte. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit tired. Touring can really wear a person out..." I trailed off, trying to sound convincing.

Sydney had a slight frown on her face, then wiped it off and said, "If you say so!" 

She looked back down at my still lit up phone and eyed my background. The frown returned to her face as she asked, "Who's that?"

"Who? Oh, her. Her name's Charlotte. She's an old friend.... I haven't seen her in weeks, and I just miss her. No need to worry." I said. 

Sydney let out a chuckle as she said, "What's up with her face in that picture? She looks like she's trying to take a shit or something." My eyebrows furrowed together in shock as I looked at her.

She looked at me dead in the eye, "You're right, I don't need to worry about her. I'm twice as pretty as she'll ever be." She let out scoff as anger boiled in my blood.

I stood up from the couch and yelled, "WHAT THE FUCK SYDNEY?" 

"What?" Sydney said nonchalantly. "I'm just speaking the truth." 

"How fucking dare you. This girl is the most beautiful person I've ever met, inside and out. You're blind if you can't see that." I spat at her.

"Harry... I didn't kno-"

"Get out. Now. I don't want to even look at you." I harshly said. I meant what I said. 

"Harr-"

"NOW." I roared at her. Her facial expression immediately changed from guilt to horror, and I didn't feel the slightest bit of guilt. No one says that about Charlotte, I don't care who you are. After Sydney left I sat back down on the couch and buried my face in my hands. I just wish I could see her, and know she's okay....

-Charlotte's POV-

"MY SONGS KNOWWW WHAT YOU DID IN THE DARRRRKKKK" I sang dramatically with my best friend, Ashley. "SO LIGHT EM UP UP UP, LIGHT EM UP UP UP, LIGHT EM UP UP UP I'M ON FIREEEEE" I belted out the lyrics of my favorite song with an invisible microphone in my hand. I loved Fall Out Boy's new song. We were blaring it through the diner's speakers as Ashley and I cleaned up the diner. We were the only one's there, so why not have some fun?