Chapter 20

-Harry's POV-

"Charlotte, don't!" I screamed as she made her way closer to the edge of the bridge. 

"CHARLOTTE PLEASE STOP!" I desparately shouted at her. My heart felt like it was about to jump out of my chest. Literally.

She ignored me as she got closer and closer to the edge...

-Charlotte's POV-

I inched closer and closer to the edge of the bridge, one arm holding on to the railing. I saw the train getting closer and closer, my heart beating faster. I could hear Harry shouting behind me, and I could hear him getting closer to me, but I just tuned him out. The only thing I could hear was the horn of the train, and my thoughts circulating in my brain.

I bent my knees, taking my stance for the jump. All of the sudden, I felt two large hands gently grab both sides of my face, causing me to turn around. Harry crashed his lips onto mine, and I felt as if I was frozen in time. I almost felt happy. Our lips moved together in sync, just like they had the night before he left me. 

He left me.

I snapped back into reality, as I barely spoke against his lips, "I'm so sorry."

In a matter of seconds, before I had any second thoughts, I turned around and jumped. I heard Harry yell my name as my body flew closer to the ground. I felt the cool air on my face as I tightly shut my eyes, waiting to make contact with ground and soon the train. I heard the horn of the train once more, and it was much louder than before. I collided with the ground, banging my head against the tracks, then darkness.

Pure darkness.

Finally at peace.

-Harry's POV-

Tears filled my eyes as I sprinted towards the railroad tracks that lied beneath the bridge. 

"No, no, no, Charlotte please be okay, please," I said to myself, tears streaming down my face as I sprinted towards the end of the bridge and made my way to the tracks.

The train continued to rush passed me as I silently prayed Charlotte wasn't underneath those dreadful wheels of the pitch black train. I began to pace back and forth, waiting for the train to pass.  

I can't lose Charlotte, I had so many things I wanted to tell her. I wanted her to know just how beautiful she was and will always be to me and how much she means to me. I wanted to tell her how much I love her laugh, and the cute way she crinkles her nose whenever she gets confused.

I love how she hums when she's doing her homework. I want her to know how much I adore her eyes and the butterflies they give me. I love how they sparkled when she smiled, and lit up whenever she laughed. Her laugh. She always hated it, but it will always one of my favorite things about her. I love how I could tell her anything or act in a certain way and she would never judge me. I wanted to tell her... I wanted to tell her how much I love her.

The warm tears slid down my cold cheek as I violently kicked a piece of gravel as hard as I could. I took off my beanie and slammed it on the dirty ground. I crouched to the ground as I buried my face in my hands. I let a sob escape my lips as the tears continued to pour down my cheeks.

The last car of the train finally passed, as I lifted my face from my hands. My eyes frantically searched for Charlotte, praying that she was still alive. 

My eyes scanned the tracks. I squinted at the tracks, for it was dark and extremely hard to see. My eyes continued to search, and then I saw her.

Her body sprawled across the ground, right beside the tracks. This made no sense. She was right above the tracks when she jumped. I immediately pull out my cell phone and called 911.