rυιn ғrιєn∂ѕнιρѕ

CHAPTER 11

     [ Derek ]

School on Monday was the worst. If it wasn't because everyone kept blabbing about Maya and Calvin being the perfect couple, then it was certainly because I had to resist any urges to beat Frenchy into a pulp.

Ever since Calvin dumped my drink on me at the restaurant, we haven't talked. I wanted to drop by his place just to bother him like I always did, but I had a strong feeling in my gut that Calvin wouldn't want me there. I may have been failing pretty much all of my classes, but I had a strong sense of intuition and it never steered me wrong—not even once.

Calvin might have believed all that crap about Frenchy's alleged dead family, but I certainly did not. It seemed a bit too convenient. He was obviously trying to tug at Calvin's heart strings so that he would agree to be his boyfriend, and Calvin fell for it like the dumb shit he was.

And no matter how many times I warned him, he didn't seem to listen.

Now I was stuck in the far corner of the cafeteria with my elbow propped up on the table and my head resting in my hand, watching from afar as Frenchy and Calvin laughed over something that probably wasn't even funny. The good part was that they kept their hands to himself because Calvin didn't want to contradict the current gossip about him dating Maya.

Mike slammed his lunch tray down in front of me and slid into his seat. "Hey."

I ignored him. I didn't have time for small talk anyway.

But of course, he didn't get the hint. "Where's Maya?"

I scoffed. "How should I know? You're the one who's always up her ass."

Mike's colorless eyes went wide, but his shock didn't last long before he started shaking his head in disbelief. "Just for that, you're not getting half of my sub."

I continued to watch as Calvin and Frenchy interacted and I gritted my teeth together when Calvin twisted his bracelet around his wrist. "He made him a bracelet," I started to say to myself, completely ignoring the blond haired boy in front of me. "What a tool! What kind of dude makes jewelry, anyway?"

Mike unwrapped his sub from its package and stuffed it into his mouth, taking a large bite. "What're you talking about?" he asked with a mouthful of sandwich.

"Calvin."

"Oh." I could already tell Mike was checking out of the conversation. He didn't like Calvin just because he got to kiss Maya before he did. 

I continued to talk to myself, "He's such a creep."

"Who?"

"The French dude."

"Nicolas?" he questioned with a raised brow. "He's kinda cool. He helped me with a bunch of math problems I didn't understand, and he plays soccer. All the other guys says he's hella good. There's no doubt he'll make the team when tryouts start."

I tore my attention away from Calvin and narrowed my gaze at Mike. I didn't need to say anything for him to know that I wanted him to shut up.

"But yeah," He swallowed a large chunk of his sandwich, and immediately started to take back his words, "he's a total creep."

I let out a low grunt and brought my attention to the couple again. "I can't believe they did it. Calvin scolds me for having sex with random girls but he does the same with foreign dudes. At least all of my fucks were American."

Mike stopped chewing. "Nicolas is gay? Wow, who would've known? Wait, if him and Calvin are a thing, why are we going out of our way to make everyone think he's with Maya?"