gєт נєαℓσυѕ

CHAPTER 19

     [ Derek ]

Calvin trailed behind me as I swung open the front door to Mike's house. He even went as far as trying to hold my hand to make sure be didn't fall behind. He hadn't let go of me since the moment we fled Frenchy's house, and I would admit that his hand felt kinda good in mine.

"Why are we here?" he questioned when I led him further into the house.

"The creep knows where you live, so we're definitely not going there. And the last time I took you to my house, you freaked out over a cockroach."

Calvin's eyes drifted to the floor and he bit down on his lip, showing that he was obviously holding something back.

"What?" I asked him. "What is it?"

"Nicolas knows where you live, too," he told me. "He had pictures of me, like tons. There were even pictures of us in your room and pictures of us kissing."

"You're shitting me." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I knew he was a creep from the beginning, but I didn't know it was to that extent.

"I'm sorry," he blurted out, his eyes glistening with tears threatening to fall. "This is all my fault! I'm so stupid. I should've listened to you! I knew I should've..." He didn't finish his sentence because he had already broke down in full tears. I never remembered Calvin crying as much as he did lately.

"Hey." I grabbed his hand and pulled him closer to me so that his head was buried in my chest and I wrapped my arms around him. "You're not stupid. Don't ever say that."

He sniffled just as he glanced up at me with his pale grey eyes. "I'm so pathetic," he laughed to himself and wiped away his tears. "I keep crying in front of you. I'm sorry."

I smiled at him. "Don't be." I led him through the main foyer to the living room and helped him into the love seat. "Okay, we need to do something. Like call the police."

"And tell them what? My boyfriend kidnapped me?" he questioned with a fake smirk. "It's not exactly the most compelling story."

I slumped down in my seat and pondered what to do. "Well, we can tell them about how he killed his dad."

Calvin gave me a weary look and sighed. "Even if we did, it wouldn't be their problem. Nicolas committed the crime in France, so therefore, the French police are the ones who have to handle that."

"We have to do something!" I nearly shouted at him. "It doesn't matter if they'll believe us or not, but we have to at least tell the police. They can do something."

Calvin remained silent for quite a long time, probably thinking about something. He laid back in his seat and blew out a long puff of air. "I don't want to tell the police," he admitted. "I mean, Nicolas said he won't hurt me and no matter how creepy he is, I believe him. If he doesn't hurt me, then everything will be fine."

Was he even listening to himself? Did he even know how stupid he sounded?

"Right, that's an excellent plan," I said, sarcasm practically dripping from my tongue. "So while you're safe and sound in your house, I'll be safe and sound in my coffin six feet under ground."

He played with his fingers. "He won't hurt you," he spoke softly, "he wouldn't do that to me."

I pulled my brows together, not believing what was coming out of Calvin's mouth. The creep actually kidnapped him from school, forced him into his house, and locked him in a room, and he was still defending him?