мαкє α ρrσρσѕιтισn

CHAPTER 27

     [ Calvin ]

I awoke with a start. As I sat up straight and took in my surroundings, I realized I was in the comforts of my own bedroom. My cheeks were cold and wet, which meant I had been crying and in that moment, I couldn't remember why. My first instinct was to rip out of the sheets around me and plant my feet into the floor. When I stood to my feet, my chest hurt so much that I had to press down on it. I tried to breathe, but there wasn't enough oxygen to steady me, so I just ended up falling back onto the bed.

A male voice spoke from behind me, but I instantly knew who it belonged to. "Good, you are awake."

I looked over my shoulder to see Nicolas sitting on the edge of my bed. It was in that moment when the memories of what had happened in the school's parking lot flashed through my mind. I remembered Tanner punching the living daylights out of me and Nicolas kicking him until he coughed up blood.

I scrambled to the edge of the bed, keeping my distance away from him. "No, leave me alone!"

Nicolas frowned, but did not comment on my outburst. Instead, he moved to my bedside table and retrieved a bowl of soup. "Here, you need to eat."

I let out a dry laugh. "You're crazy if you think that I'm gonna eat that." If it hadn't been for how winded I felt at the moment, I probably would have ran away by now.

His frown deepened. "You are getting a fever and your head is throbbing like crazy. You need to eat something."

Now that he mentioned it, I noticed my
head was thudding at an unbelievable pace and I reached up to rub my temples to soothe it. When I looked back at Nicolas, he was still holding out the bowl of soup for me. Sighing, I took it from his hands and placed it in my lap. Then I realized that I wasn't dressed in the same clothes I had wore to the soccer game. I was dressed in a pair of boxers and a loose t-shirt. I lifted my eyes to his. "Did you undress me?"

He was short with his answer. "Yes."

The thumping in my head grew louder, so loud that it hurt my ears. "What did you do to me?"

"Your previous clothing was too uncomfortable for you to sleep in," he said, impassively.

"You saw me naked!" I barked at him.

His facial expression remained blank and inexpressive. "It is not like I have not seen you naked before." He dropped his gaze to the bowl of soup. "Please eat."

I eyed him skeptically as I spooned the chicken noodle soup and brought it up to my lips to taste. "You're supposed to be in jail," I muttered.

Nicolas seemed to be amused by that judging by the way his lips curled into a slight smirk. "Why? I have not done anything wrong. Besides, my host family is good friends with the police force. All it took was a long talk and two glasses of rich lemonade for the men to go away."

"You didn't do anything wrong?" I questioned as I sat up straighter. "You were stalking me! I saw those pictures of me in your closet. I was in my own room, you asshole! I was naked. Did you like jerk off to me, or something?"

His smile went away and his gaze drifted to the pattern on my sheets. I could tell he was thinking hard about something. "No, I will never disrespect you like that, Calvin. I photograph things that fascinate me. You fascinate me, Calvin. You are so beautiful. It is really insensitive, when you think of it. That you are so beautiful and you do not even know it. I have no regrets of what I did. If you want me to apologize for admiring your beauty, then I will not do it."