gєт αngrу

CHAPTER 39

      [ Derek ]

"So, all you really have to do is take the square root and you'll end up with x," the girl beside me explained and then finished with a satisfied smile. She was a pretty brunette named Jordan with skin the color of caramel and big, brown eyes to match, but the feature that made her worth staring at was her ass and everyone knew it.

In my mind, I had already decided that we were going to have sex. I knew by the way she responded to my close proximity that she wouldn't be able to resist me for long, but I figured I would be able to increase my chances of getting laid sooner if I played the will-you-tutor-me-during-free-period card.

I nodded my head to give her the illusion that I had been actually paying attention. In reality, however, I couldn't have cared less about the value of x, but I had to make her feel like she had actually accomplished something. "And the value of x?"

"Is three," she pointed out.

"Three," I repeated, pretending to understand what she was talking about. Lifting my gaze to hers, I gave her a soft smile. "Yeah, okay, I get it now. You're such a great tutor."

Jordan pulled her lips into a smile and absentmindedly tucked a stray wisp of black hair behind her ear. I continued to stare into her eyes until she became uncomfortable and looked away, not before I saw the color rush to her cheeks, though. She tried to return her attention to my math homework, but I already knew her mind was distracted.

I moved closer to her, so that my lips were inches away from her neck. "How about I teach you a little bit about the square root of 69?" I proposed with a slightly raised brow, just as I placed a hand on her inner thigh.

She hitched in a breath and stared down at the position of my hand. She looked as though she was getting ready to say something flirty in response, but she gave up and moved away from me. "I'm sorry, Derek. You're hot ... God, you're so hot, but don't you have a boyfriend or something? I mean, I have standards and being a side chick isn't one of them."

I rolled my eyes and leaned back into my seat. "No, we broke up."

Her shoulders fell in disappointment. "Oh, well I'm sorry to hear that. You guys were cute together."

"So what do you say?" I questioned, completely changing the subject. The last thing I wanted to talk about was Calvin and his tendency to show up uninvited just to throw cookies in my face. "Come home with me after school and I'll show you a good time."

Jordan bit down on her bottom lip thoughtfully, but there wasn't much thought put into her decision. "Yeah, I'll meet you at your locker. Until then..." She stood to her feet and pointed to my math homework, "...study something, will you?"

A smug grin curved my mouth before I could really stop it. "Sure thing," I assured her as I watched her saunter away with my eyes fixating on the way her ass looked in her skin tight jeans. Her hips seemed to sway to the beat of an unknown song and I hissed in a sharp breath when I thought about how much fun we were going to have later on.

As soon as she was out of sight, I crumpled my math homework into a ball and tossed it over my shoulder, not caring about where it landed. It wasn't long before Mike made his way to me and plopped down into the seat next to me with his signature unsettling grim on his face. "Okay, teach me your ways, Master Fletcher," was the first thing he said right after he patted me on my back. "She was hot!"

I nodded. "Yeah, I know."

"You know what?" Mike asked me and even though I really didn't want to know "what", he continued anyway. "I've always thought that black girls were great in bed. I must say, Derek, you cover all the bases. First it was Maya, then Anh, and now Jordan. Congrats on being so diverse."