ғorgιvє αn∂ ғorgєт

CHAPTER 14

     [ Calvin ]

Nicolas hovered over my shoulder to get a closer look at the worksheet in front of me. His brow furrowed for a moment and I couldn't stop myself from thinking about how beautiful he was. "It is quite simple, actually. You must utilize the binomial theorem to solve this problem."

"Binomial what?" I questioned. Math certainly wasn't my strong suit and instead of trying to use my boyfriend's brain to the best of my ability, I was staring at him and thinking about how much I wanted to kiss him right there and then.

"Like this." His arms reached around me to grab my pencil and he began to write out numbers on the worksheet, but I still wasn't paying attention to my homework. He was just too damn distracting.

When he was finished, his sea green eyes flicked to me and he sighed. "Calvin, you are not paying attention."

I pulled a silly smile. "Can't help it. You're much more interesting than Pre-Calculus."

I could see the hint of a smile threatening to make itself known, but he tried his best to keep it at bay. "You have a test tomorrow, Calvin."

I swiped my tongue over my lips and slowly worked my hand to the nape of his neck, bringing him closer to my face. "Can't we take a little break? I need to clear my mind."

A low groan bubbled in the back of his throat and I knew it was because he was trying to fight his urges. "We will not stop until you solve this problem."

I lifted my face to his so that my lips were barely brushing against his. "Just five minutes, I swear," I whispered softly.

His eyes darkened with lust and I took joy in the fact that we both knew he couldn't resist me for long. But just as he leaned down to kiss me, my mother entered the dining room, clicking her tongue in disapproval. "Nicolas is right. You need to study."

I let out a dramatic groan as I pulled away from Nicolas and stared up at my mother. She was dressed rather comfortably with black sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt. Her slightly disheveled short black hair fell around her face, still managing to frame her rosy cheeks. She gazed back at me with tiresome, pale grey eyes, with one hand placed on her protruding hip and the other clutching a coffee mug.

I rolled my eyes and snatched my pencil from Nicolas' hands. "You're being a cockblock, Mom."

She slid into the seat opposite me and brought the mug up to her lips, taking a sip. "Call it whatever you want, Calvin, but you better not fail that test tomorrow."

"Okay, whatever." My eyes drifted to the worksheet set in front of me, which looked like nothing more than gibberish. "Nic, how are you so good at this, anyway?"

He let out a slight chuckle as he took his seat beside me. "I like math. It is the same in all countries and all languages, and it is not ambiguous like history. There is always a definite answer."

My mom beamed at this. "That is really touching," she breathed, and then she flicked her attention to me. "Nicolas is a good influence. He's a definite keeper."

Nicolas laughed. "Thank you."

She opened her mouth to respond, but a loud cough erupted from her throat instead. It sounded like a dog's bark and it sounded like it hurt, too. She clapped a hand over her mouth. "Excuse me," she apologized quickly.

I pulled my brows together in concern. "You okay?"

"Yeah." She waved her hand to dismiss me. "I've just been feeling under the weather, lately. It's nothing."