go тo ραrтιєѕ

CHAPTER 23

     [ Derek ]

The news definitely surprised me. I couldn't think of anyone who would want to sleep with Tina because she was really weird and not a lot of people liked weird girls, aside from equally as weird boys. The only reason I slept with her was because I was drunk out of my mind and it wasn't like she had tried to stop me.

Now she was pregnant. Poor girl.

Calvin slowly turned around to face me, his pale grey eyes hardening. "Derek," he scolded.

I glanced at him. "What?"

"She's pregnant," he reiterated, his voice growing angrier.

I crossed my arms over my chest and switched my attention to the strawberry blonde in front of us. She was still anxiously chewing on her bottom lip. When I was finished looking at her, my eyes flicked back to Calvin. "Yes," I said, "I heard her the first time."

"And you're not going to say anything?" He countered with a raised brow and a disapproving frown.

Was I supposed to say something? If so, what the hell was I supposed to say in this sorta situation?

Without anything else to say, I shrugged. "Um, congratulations?"

That didn't seem to be the appropriate response, because both Calvin and Nina gave me deadly glares.

I really didn't like how they were beating around the bush like this. "What is it?" I inquired. "Why are you guys looking at me like that?"

Calvin brought his hands to his face and began to gently massage his temples in frustration. His eyelids fluttered shut and remained that way for a while before he opened them again, sending me an exasperated look. "You had sex with her, Derek, and now she's pregnant. Do you understand how that can be a problem?"

I scoffed. "Well, it's not my problem," I pointed out. "It's not like I'm the father or anything."

Leena's gaze fell to the floor as she weaved her fingers together. "You're the only person that I had sex with."

That was when it hit me. My heart sunk to my knees and my lungs nearly collapsed in my chest. As I let the information sink in, my throat continued to contract. If I wasn't so sure that I didn't have asthma, I would think that I was having an asthma attack. If that wasn't enough, then I had to see the heartbroken look written all over Calvin's face.

"No, this isn't possible," I choked out.

Calvin was calm, but I could tell he was trying his best not to let his true emotions show. "Why didn't you use a condom?" His voice wavered when he spoke.

My hands instinctively shot to my hair, pulling roughly on fistfuls of it. "I did! At least, I think. I don't know!"

Calvin stared at me with cold, expressionless eyes before sighing and returning his attention to the bearer of bad news. "Do your parents know?"

She shook her head. "I wanted to tell you first, because I thought that you'd know what to do."

"Why? It's not my kid," Calvin replied with a bitter connotation in his words. Tina and I were both surprised at his pissed-off tone. "This is between you and Derek. Leave me out of it."

She looked to me for confirmation but she quickly looked away when she caught the death stare I was giving her. Instead, she bit on her lip so hard that I thought it would bleed and leaned closer to Calvin. "He hates me," she whispered.