27th July 2042

*Picture is of Noah*

It's been 2 days since they left. I'm not concerned, but I'm trying not to think too much of it. I'm sure they're just held up somewhere for the night getting their strength back.

Harper and I are out the back, hanging up the clothes as the rain pours down on us. The water is rinsing away all of the dirt. We'll take it back inside when we want to dry it.

"Do you think they'll be back tonight?" she asked me.

"I hope so." I sighed, clipping a shirt to the old clothes line. "I'm not worried though."

"No me either." She shook her head. I side glanced at her to see her glancing at me. She was as nervous as me. She smiled half-heartedly. "I haven't been away from Sam this long." She added.

"Me too." I said. "But with Rosie and Amelia."

"Of course." She said clipping up my shirt.

"They're back." Dylan called almost like he knew we were talking about them. I smiled, quickly running into the house. I didn't care I was soaking wet; I wanted to hug my sisters. I wanted to see them smile, see them laugh and see them in general. I wondered whether they missed me. I got to the front door, Antoinette having already opened it and watched as Amelia stepped out of the car. The first thing I noticed was her clothes.

Stained red.

She looked exhausted, falling over within a few steps. She hit the pavement, falling onto her hands and knees. I froze at the door as Jackson stumbled out, Antoinette running over to hug him. He was also covered in blood. Jackson was followed by Margo, who had a rather large cut on her forehead. Her hand was linked with Samuel's, and when he got out of the car I saw Harper and Dylan run past to see their siblings.

Step out of that car Rosie. Step out.

Noah got out of the driver's seat, running around to the passenger side and opening the door. He reached in, pulling out a limp Max. Noah ran past me, not looking me in the eyes. I turned to watch him dump Max on the couch and run back out. He ran over to Amelia, grabbing her and pulling her onto her feet so he could pick her up. Only when he had her in his arms he finally looked at me. I could tell instantly what he was trying to say.

She didn't make it.

I tried to move; I did. I wanted to help him with Amelia; but all I could do was stare at that car. Rosie has to be in there. She can't be – I can't even say it. It's impossible, she promised. She promised. She promised.

"We have to get inside." Harper said grabbing my arm and trying to pull me inside the house.

"R-Rosie." I whispered.

"Come on Luis." She began to cry, but I just pulled away from her grip. I stumbled towards the car, trying to see into car. She has to be in there. She promised. "Luis!" Harper yelled, her sobs muffling it slightly. I hit the car, my hand finding the door handle and pulling it open. I looked inside, feeling sick as I saw it was empty.

"Rosie?" I whispered in shock. She's not here, where is she? Why isn't she here? Did they forget her? They would've had to, she's not dead. She can't be dead. Rosie isn't dead; she can't be. Rosie doesn't die; this isn't how this is meant to go. "Rosie." I repeated. She was meant to be here, she was meant to come home, she promised to come home.

I promised her she'd come home.

"Luis please come inside." Noah yelled from the door. "LUIS!"

"LUIS LOOK OUT!" Harper screamed as I felt myself being pulled away from the car. I fell back onto the ground as a Lurker fell on top of me. I did nothing. I just stared up at it. Is this the reason Rosie isn't here? Am I about to die like she did? Before I could even let it kill me, I heard 2 shots and it fell limp on me. I lied there, looking at the sky. How am I going to tell my parents this? I felt the Lurker get pulled off me, and then someone was helping me up. "Are you okay Luis?" Harper said as she reached me. I looked Noah in the eyes, and he knew what I was going to say.