18th August 2042

I have the list of you who asked and I'll be reading the books tonight so message me!

Picture is of Harper

"Welcome to your first day of training." Avery said as she entered the doors. Her bright red hair was now completely straight instead of the curls, and she wore and even heavily armoured suit. "How did you all sleep?"

"I didn't." Dylan said. "Not with that guy watching me." he looked across at his trainer. He was a rather large, muscly man, lots of tattoos.

"He'd only watch you if you were being suspicious." Avery walked past the group and up onto the stage like boxing ring in the centre of the training centre. The centre was probably the biggest room I've ever been in. one wall was lined with target, half of another wall was light up targets that moved, and the other half was lined with multiple doors. The wall near the door was what Harper called the 'terrain quarter' which is a separate room that you go in and it changes its terrain, and you have to survive. The could keep you in there for up to 3 days; and the thing is, you can walk for the whole 3 days, and never run out of land. It's a mind game that the room plays on you because you can't get out of the room until they want you to.

"So how is this going to work?" I asked.

"We'll split you up and you'll spend the whole day at that station. If you don't pass by the end of the day; you'll spend the next day on it. You have 3 days to complete each station, if you don't; you have no place at Columbus." Avery said.

"I'll take knives." Jake called.

"I'll take the tanks." Harper said.

"What's the tanks?" I whispered, but she ignored me.

"I approve." Avery nodded. Harper grabbed my arm, turning and leading me to the far wall which was lined with multiple doors. She opened one, letting me in.

"You think these tests are physical, but it's not, think about that for a minute." Harper said.

"What's with the tanks though?" I repeated. When Harper closed the door behind us, the lights flicked on. There were 3 big tanks, one filled with water, one empty and one that I can't see in. "Tanks?" I turned to look at Harper, but she was gone. She must've not come in with me. I tried to remember what she said; the tests aren't always physical. The first two are completely glass, and the third is metal.

I walked forward, a piece of paper sitting on a table. I picked it up.

3 tanks sit in front of you. 1 is full, one is empty, and the other is unknown. Pick 2 to get into, the last one your trainer will have to.

So I have to pick 2 of the 3, and the one I don't pick Harper has to go through. I look at the first one. Anything could happen in there, or nothing might. The second one is empty, so I assumed it will fill once I get in. And the third, well it could be anything. I crack my neck, taking off my jacket. I wasn't going to wear my clothes in; I don't care if people are watching me. These are my father's clothes; I'm not going to ruin them. I go down to my boxers, walking to the second tank. I know what's going to happen in this, so there is no element of surprise.

I climb the ladder next to it, jumping down into the tank. The tank was about 3m high, being well above my head. I look around, placing my hand on the glass. It's thick. I begin to hear a sliding sound, and I look up to see a door coming across the top of the tank, sealing me in. Something closes around my feet, sealing me to the floor. I look down to see metal cuffs on my ankles. And just when I think it can't get worse, I start to feel water on my feet.

The water rises quickly, soon being at my knees. It's warm, so not that unpleasant. I quickly bend down, fumbling at the locks on my feet.

"There has to be a way out." I said to myself.